Which week in November?

Tiggergal

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! DH and I have decided to visit again in November, but we are at odds with one another as to when to go. He would like to go 10/30-11/9 so that our DS can not only attend MNSSHP but also celebrate his 9th birthday-Disney style. I love the thought of being able to enjoy both of these events there, but isn't this also Jersey Week? How will the crowds be? We went mid-October 2002 and on some days the crowds were ridiculous due to fall breakers and conventions. How would 11/6-11/16 compare? I know that Veteran's day is also in there, but I'm not sure how much this will effect the crowds.

Next question-DH wants to stay at the Poly. We are going to be purchasing AP's for all of us also. Isn't there usually a discount on value season for AP holders and when does that come out if so. One more thing, should I go on and make our ressies at the Poly and then change them if a discount becomes available. I think we may go concierge level and I'm not sure how far in advance I should make reservations. This will be our 3rd visit, we started at ASMo, moved up to POR in 2002, and are now going to try out the deluxe accomodations . Any advice would be great! Thanks :)

We went this past Nov. from the 8th through the 16 th, taking in Vet's day, Super Soap weekend and the NJ Teacher's convention. I'd go again this week in a minute. The crowds were nothing like what we're used to in our usual visit, the first week in March. At MGM on opening day of SS weekend, the park itself was busy, but the rides themselves were walk-ons. We didn't use FastPass except for ToT and R'n RollerCoaster and sometimes didn't need them for those.

My benchmark for crowds at MK is the wait for SplashMtn. and BTMRR. We never needed FP for SM but did for BTMRR. On SP we always got to the last tunnel decending to the loading platform before hitting a line.

We stayed at Dolphin and never had much of a wait for a bus and rarely had a standing room only ride. Another indicator, Cirque du Soleil was NOT sold out for our 11/8 show. We didn't use Priority Seating at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if a week later would be quieter, but this week was plenty quiet for us.

Bill From PA

Tiggergal I posted a similar question in November and got alot of replies,the majority of which said to avoid soap week and Jersey week as it was very crowded. But there weer some exceptions,mostly people who got to parks early in the AM and then left when it got crowded. Do a search of Vets Day and Soap Weekend and you should be able to ee the threads.

Hope these links help!;)

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#historical
http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#booknow
http://www.wdwig.com/attend.htm

The search funtion on this board is not working otherwise I would have had links to some threads regaurding crowds in Nov.
We are planning our Nov. trip for the 16th to the 23rd. We will be traveling with our DD 5yo, and infant approx. 7mo. We hate crowds especially with young children in tow. We have been before during the week before Thanksgiving and it is great!! No crowds and mild weather. We decided against earlier in the month because of the oincrease in crowds during Jersey week, Vet's day and Super Soap weekend. Most people say it is really crowded during these events/holiday. I guess it depends on the person. For example, we are spoiled by the lack of crowds the week before Thankdsgiving that when we went in May 2002 we thought it was so crowded and won't go back at that time again:smooth:
Good luck deciding!!

We just booked from Nov 1-9 at OKW GV. We've always had luck in the past with the fall months. However, after reading about SSSoap weekend, I'm nervous about that time. I've tried to find out when the actual dates of the SSSoap weekend is, but have not had luck. Is anybody sure of the exact dates for 2003?

Thanks!

We went 11/14 - 11/23 in 2002 and it was heaven! We barely waited in line for anything!

A friend was there for Jersey week and said it was pretty crowded. She couldn't believe how many people were there from New Jersey.

Discounts have been offered to AP holders for the past two years in November. Hopefully, that will be the trend again this year but we'll have to wait and see. They are usually released 1-3 months ahead of time.

Beth

Disnee Dad Says..................................The crowds disappear the day after Vet's Day, it's like everyone leaves. That is fantastic time to go and there is a couple major reasons to go at this time.
You can still enjoy the Food and Wine festival.
But best of all, since you are buying AP's, the friday and saturday evening before Thanksgiving Disney turns on the Osborne Light's, just for AP holders! Then you can go first in November next year.
I you go first week of November, then next year it would have to be in October.

First, thanks to everyone for their input and advice, it really helped us to make a decision. We've decided to move our dates to 11/15-11/24. That gets us away from Jersey week, (no offense to anyone!) and even better, away from the Soaps weekend. MGM is our 2nd favorite park and I'd hate to fight the crowds there. Yes we'll completely miss out on DS birthday and any Halloween activities, but we did get to go to the party this past year and DS will be thrilled regardless of when we are there. Plus there will be one other bonus to going at this time-my birthday is 11/23!!!

Thanks again to everyone for their help...now onto the really tough part...waiting!!

Glad you came to a decision!!! We'll be there the same time!! I forgot to mention another reason why we go that week, my B-DAY is on Nov.22!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

For what it's worth, on Sat., Nov. 9, the first day of SS Weekend and one of the dreaded NJ days, the line to get to ToT and R'n Rollercoaster at rope drop time where everone is held until opening time was no more than 6 deep. I've never been there at anytime where there were so few early birds.

Bill From PA

Happy early Birthday Desnik!!! I usually hate having my birthday at that time of year because it gets lost in the Thanksgiving shuffle, but this year lookout-I'm going to be at Disney celebrating in Minnie ears, eating a Mickey bar, and feeling like a kid! Thanks again you really helped me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter