Which studio with a 3 and 5 year old?

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
I have a small amount of points I have to use. Seems like wilderness, kidani,Saratoga and key west are the only studios available. I like the idea of a club like simbas clubhouse and the play areas at kidani it's just the inconvenience of any parks near by that sways me from kidani. Plus not sur if my 60 year old parents would like it.( they may come)...I like being able to walk somewhere at night(ie Saratoga and key west-downtown Disney)..how's wilderness? Fun for kids? Any info would help. Obviously I'd like for beachclub,boardwalk,gf and baynlake to be available but they r not

My favorites are Kidani and SSR ... no matter where you stay, you will be "far" from a couple parks. (Remember, you could wait 15-20 minutes for a 10 minute boatride to MK from WL or 5 minutes for a 15 minute bus ride from AKL...it all balances out IMHO). And AKL is actually quite centrally located : ). The animal viewing and Kidani pool/water play features are perfect entertainment for kids of yours ages. Kidani also has a nice activity room near its lobby and some really great o site activities. I have a BWV booking for April and have to hold back from changing it to Kidani (We will be at Flower & Garden most of the trip so I am staying put...). I think SSR is great too, my 2nd favorite...but there is more to do with young kids at AKL.

I have a small amount of points I have to use. Seems like wilderness, kidani,Saratoga and key west are the only studios available. I like the idea of a club like simbas clubhouse and the play areas at kidani it's just the inconvenience of any parks near by that sways me from kidani. Plus not sur if my 60 year old parents would like it.( they may come)...I like being able to walk somewhere at night(ie Saratoga and key west-downtown Disney)..how's wilderness? Fun for kids? Any info would help. Obviously I'd like for beachclub,boardwalk,gf and baynlake to be available but they r not

At night, when it is dark, you won't be walking to and from OKW. The path to DTD is not lit. But you can take the boat or a bus.

OKW studio has two real queen sized beds and the bathroom is bigger than the other studios because the sink is in the same room as the toilet and tub. BLT would be real small with two kids and two parents. Plus you would need two studios if your parents come along. You can't fit five or six in a studio. Only four.

Parking at kidani is actually pretty good. There are parking lots under the building, and the elevators go up into the building from that level.

If you're looking for things to do at night, SSR and OKW would be MUCH closer to downtown Disney, and offer a variety of transportation options. (Buses, boats, and walking from SSR and OKW, as compared to only a longer bus ride from kidani)
However, I think you'll find plenty to do at night regardless of where you stay.

If you have a car, Kidani might work, but when I was at Kidani a few weeks ago, it was so far from the lobby to my studio I thought "No way could little legs handle this"-and I'd asked for close to lobby! And I saw very few animals. My granddaughters are going with us next year, and I'm leaning towards OKW. They love ducks (or "Patos", for our Spanish-speaking grandchildren) and you can guarantee seeing those at OKW.

VWL is great for kids. does not have a community hall (like OKW, SSR, AKV(Kidani), BWV and BLT)

plus you can't share it like bcv and bwv do bwc.

that say it is part of WL and they have animal visits and other stuff for the kids to do.

It is the closest of your choices to the MK - where with a 3 and 5 year old you will be spending alot of your time. It has boat of bus transportation to the MK. bus transportation to everywhere else.

It is pretty romantic = my opinion. - you are going shorter - it would be my choice. Now don't like it in the summer - but fall/winter - it is a great resort. what do you want to know?

AKL has a no-balloon rule.

My kids MUST have a balloon so AKV is out. I've asked many times and they always say they'd choose a balloon over the animals. Just something to consider.

AKL has a no-balloon rule.

My kids MUST have a balloon so AKV is out. I've asked many times and they always say they'd choose a balloon over the animals. Just something to consider.

Actually you check them at the front desk and they give them back when you leave. But then if you are going on a plane I'm not sure how that works.

It is for the safety of the animals. Balloons do escape from open balcony doors and later pop and then the animal might eat the balloon and have health problems. So since AK and AKL/AKV first priority is the health of the animals they have band balloons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter