• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which stroller would you recommend for WDW?

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Can you tell me what type of stroller you have. I am looking to buy a stroller to bring to WDW. I'd like to buy one with a good sized shade or hood, a basket and cup holders. I'd also like one that folds up the long way (like an umbrella stroller) not one that folds in half. I currently have a stroller but it was expensive and I don't want to chance losing it or haven it taken (this happened to my friend in June). Do you have any suggestions?

Ours lies flat so you may not like it, but it's a graco literider and it's great! folds down for resting canopy and nice big basket.

Pretty durable too, I have been known to lie the seat down and scoot dd 4 to the back and let dd 8 ride in the front for a bit when we're out and about too long.

I'm not sure if they still make it...but I love our Instep umbrellas. They are not the jogging kind w/ the big wheel in front. they have larger wheels than most umbrellas and are pretty sturdy. Ours has a canopy, and an open compartment below, but no cup holder. I especially like the extending handles since I'm tall. We've used two of these in the past and have occasionally used our Prince Lionhart stroller connectors when either my husband or I have been on our own with the kids.

I bought one of mine at a Service Merchandise and one on-line. They were fairly reasonable in price.

Sorry.....I just did a massive search for something like this stroller and can't find it anywhere. Hope you find what you need!

We got a Graco Citylite, it is 10 1/2 pounds. It folds in half but is only about 4 inches tall and I can close it one handed and it locks into place.

We went last year and bought the Combi SUBV through bunnies.com for around 45-50.00. It is very light and folds very small and was terrific for disney transportation. It is only 8 lbs but seems more solid than the cheaper umbrella strollers you see elsewhere. I have yet to see a better lightweight compact stroller.

Hi! When we went last year we took our Maclaren umbrella stroller. It has a large canopy, ample storage space, reclines, and folds up really compactly and easily (I could fold it with one hand while I held ds in the other!) Yes, it is an expensive stroller and I was worried about something happening to it/someone taking it; but no one ever bothered it. As a matter of fact, on the first day I made dh rent a stroller at MK because I was so nervous about my good stroller. We all hated it and took our own every other day. :)

I also have a Maclaren Opus Duo which we took to Disney two years ago. I have owned at least 5 different strollers including a Peg Perego and by far the Maclaren is the best travel stroller I have found. I was also nervous about someone walking off with it since it is a very expensive stroller. Before our trip I printed up labels with our name, address, cell phone, resort we were staying at (and the dates). I put about eight of these labels in different locations on the stroller and covered them with clear packing tape. I also "flagged" the handles with orange construciton tape. I know this sounds a little bit much but someone would have to be crazy to walk off with a stroller so well identified. We never had a problem and will be bringing this stroller again in Dec.

We also took our Maclaren, and loved it. No cupholders on ours, though. Does anyone know of any cupholders that can be added on that REALLY work? I tried some that would only drop the drink--not hold it.

I've heard that one is made to fit handles of umbrella type strollers, but I can't remember the name of it. I think I remember that they sold them at The Right Start or One Step Ahead. I've never used one, so I don't know if they really work or not. We usually just put our drinks in the little pocket on the back of the parasol--that usually works pretty well.:D :D

I bring a small bicycle lock on a cable. If I'm leaving my stroller for a long time, I run the lock through the wheel and any camera bags or napsacks that are underneath. Someone could still open the bag and take the contents, but I figure it would deter a walk by swipe. I also back the stroller into the parking area to conceal the contents of the basket. I don't think to many strollers are intentionally stollen at WDW, probably just a mix-up. I would label with your name and resort, as well as mark it with something to set it apart from the others, such as reflective tape around the pipes or a balloon. Just some advice if you want to bring your daily stroller. There has been some debate about locking the stroller due to fire hazard. Just make sure you park in a designated area, and don't lock it to something like a tree....

There has been some debate about locking the stroller due to fire hazard.
It's not really a fire hazard, but it is an evacuation hazard in case of fire or a ride break down that causes an evacuation. It is part of the fire code that they have a clear route and locked strollers block the fire route.
If you want to lock up a stroller, don't lock it to anything and do lock it in a way that allows it to still be moved. For example, you can lock both front or both rear tires together. By tilting it onto the unlocked tires, it can be rolled out of the way, but no one can use it. People have also put the lock over the seat so no one can sit in it.

I was also searching for the 'perfect' Disney stroller! I spent monthys trying different ones and ended up with the Graco literider! It does fold in half - but it was worth the sacrifice!

All 'umbrella' type stollers I found either a - did not recline or b- were to short for my husband and I (We are bolth 6' tall). The childs tray is what makes it a little bulky - but that can be removed! :)

At $40 I won't be to worried about it (We already have 2 other strollers at home)

I have one .. not to expensive, folds down small, and purchased cup attachments and 2 piece snack cup. Attachments were easy and sold for $5 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter