Which stroller for Disney?

thor369

Mouseketeer
We have a umbrella stroller, but need a second one as well, is there any preferred (inexpensive) umbrella stroller everyone here recommends?
Is it easier to rent vs carrying them?

We have a umbrella stroller, but need a second one as well, is there any preferred (inexpensive) umbrella stroller everyone here recommends?

You can rent in park if you want to or you can rent from a rental company. It might be cheaper to find a used stroller on facebook marketplace or craigslist, especially if you're just looking for something to use in the parks and don't really need a second stroller at home. If you want to buy new, I think you can get the Summer Infant 3d lite for a decent price on Amazon.

We were just there this past July and decided to rent a double this time around versus bringing any of our strollers. I should have started this years ago!!! I joked with my husband that it was the best $100 (I paid an extra $20 for the insurance) that I spent all week---but I was dead serious. We rented through Kingdom Strollers and it came with a rain cover which came in handy. The stroller was dropped off at Bell Services right before we got there, so we grabbed it as soon as we got off the Magical Express. And then we returned it to Bell Services on our way back to get on the ME the day we left. It was in great condition and clean. This was so much better than trying to lug our stroller from home on top of the kids and all of our luggage. Highly recommend!

We need the stroller for the airport so that makes it easier for us to just transport one versus renting.

We were just there this past July and decided to rent a double this time around versus bringing any of our strollers. I should have started this years ago!!! I joked with my husband that it was the best $100 (I paid an extra $20 for the insurance) that I spent all week---but I was dead serious. We rented through Kingdom Strollers and it came with a rain cover which came in handy. The stroller was dropped off at Bell Services right before we got there, so we grabbed it as soon as we got off the Magical Express. And then we returned it to Bell Services on our way back to get on the ME the day we left. It was in great condition and clean. This was so much better than trying to lug our stroller from home on top of the kids and all of our luggage. Highly recommend!
Is that a stroller rental company that operates within disney?

Yes. Don't forget goggle is still your friend since you have the information you need to look it up. I'm sure the website will tell you the price and models they rent for as well.

I also recommend Kingdom Strollers. The process is SO easy. last month we brought our double stroller from home for the airport, but my almost 4 year old was too big to sleep in it so we rented a citi mini GT and it was perfect. Umbrella strollers are not great for shade or sleeping in.

We wanted to have a stroller for our child at the air port. The Orlando airport was to big & crowded for a 2.5yo. So we bought the Summer Infant 3d lite. Its a "comfier" umbrella stroller and it worked great in the parks. Plus it cost less then the stroller rental and we get to use it again this year in Disney.

Yes, it isn't an official Disney company and I think operates in the Orlando area. They will deliver to on property and many of the off-property resorts. I think I remember reading they will even drop off and pick up strollers from rental houses/condos in the area.

I feel like renting a stroller ends up costing as much as just buying a stroller. I only have 1 stroller and it has been great for me for walks to travel. I have the summer infant 3d lite.
The *only* thing i feel it is lacking is storage space underneath and when i hang stuff on the handles, it will tip if my daughter gets out.
The solution to that was to get a hanging organizer that can hold wipes/diapers and it has done the trick.

It is a $70 stroller , so if it affordable and works for our everyday life in addition to traveling.

We wanted to have a stroller for our child at the air port. The Orlando airport was to big & crowded for a 2.5yo. So we bought the Summer Infant 3d lite. Its a "comfier" umbrella stroller and it worked great in the parks. Plus it cost less then the stroller rental and we get to use it again this year in Disney.

I also have and recommend the summer infant 3d lite.
Mine is a fun bright color too which helps ever so slightly to find it in the stroller sea.

I also have and recommend the summer infant 3d lite.
Mine is a fun bright color too which helps ever so slightly to find it in the stroller sea.
Would you guys recommend the cheap $30 strollers from target, I find them really easy to carry around because how light they are but no storage space and sometimes it’s an effort to push them.

We loved the stroller rental from kingdom strollers. We don’t need one at the airport and the kingdom stroller was in great shape, easy to handle and fold and laid almost completely down for naps. Absolutely worth the money. Great, easy to maneuver, heavy duty strollers delivered and picked up! Big fans here.

Would you guys recommend the cheap $30 strollers from target, I find them really easy to carry around because how light they are but no storage space and sometimes it’s an effort to push them.
Not at all. They are hard to push, the handles are too low. Also larger/older children are flat out too big for them. A younger child should also have good sun coverage and the ability to recline that the 3D lite or similar has.

You can try buying a new stroller for $30 from WaterButlers and have it delivered straight to your hotel. It makes sense to buy one if you have a longer vacation period that isn’t limited to the parks and if the Disney World stroller rental costs are significantly higher than the price tag of a cheaper stroller from WaterButlers. Some people buy it and gift it to another family waiting in the rental line on their last day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!