Which Site to Book? Car / cart / trailer

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I am planning on renting a camper and trying to decide which site to rent from Disney. In the end I will have the trailer, a mid size rental car (they say corolla) and the golf cart. Since you have to keep all wheels on the pad I am trying to decide which one to get.

I will be renting either a 34 or 36 ft trailer - leaning closer to the 36 ft one. So which pad site to rent (full hook up / preferred / or premium)?

Well a premium give you the most concrete with which to work. Some are pretty long and they are 14 feet wide. We had our 43 foot trailer on there, crew cab dually truck and could have gotten a golf cart in if we needed to, but never needed a golf cart at the Fort.

Full or premium should suit your needs. Preferred would be tight.

I might get corrected but I don't believe you have to have golf cart wheels on the pavement fwiw. They are not heavy enough (compared to a car). Cars, with their greater weight, need to be on the pavement. I've seen plenty of golf carts on the dirt/grass up by the main road where many sites have an extra plug receptacle for things like golf carts and Christmas/Halloween decorations.

Bama Ed

We have a 35 ft. motorhome and tow our golf cart on a utility trailer. We stay in both premium and full-hook-up sites. We have never been "spoken to" about parking our trailer behind the MH on the dirt, or the golf cart off to the side - perticularly when charging. There has always been ample room for a car in front of the MH. Take into consideration that RVs usually have a significant amount of overhang in the rear, that still allows the wheels to be on the pad. That being said - to be safe, a premium is a sure bet.

We have a 35 ft. motorhome and tow our golf cart on a utility trailer. We stay in both premium and full-hook-up sites. We have never been "spoken to" about parking our trailer behind the MH on the dirt, or the golf cart off to the side - perticularly when charging. There has always been ample room for a car in front of the MH. Take into consideration that RVs usually have a significant amount of overhang in the rear, that still allows the wheels to be on the pad. That being said - to be safe, a premium is a sure bet.

While there is a lot of overhang on RV's, the travel trailer would most likely have it's jacks located on the rear most corner, so one can not back too far. Our TT had jacks on the 4 corners and then we could only back up so far, needing to keep the jacks on a solid surface.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter