Which rides have a separate entrance for Wheelchair/ECV users?

Euby

DIS Veteran
Even though I have used an ECV on my last couple of trips to Disney, I cannot remember all of the rides/attractions that have a separate entrance. The only ones that I can think of are Big Thunder Mountain and Spaceship Earth. Aren't there others? Or am I remembering that wrong as well?

jungle cruise
IASW
space mountain you go through the FP line

and that is about it. Disney has done a really good job of making it accessible to people in wheelchair

The newer parks (AK and the Studio) have been built with mainstream lines - which means that guests using mobility devices wait in the same lines with everyone else.

Those 2 parks have no attractions with separate wheelchair entrances, although Star Tours has guests with mobility devices use a particular line.
Epcot has 2 -
  • Spaceship Earth, where guests with mobility devices enter from the exit. There is a mobility device parking area and a waiting area with benches. Guests will generally wait there about as long as the Standby Wait. It may be shorter or longer depending on the number of ‘mobility’ guests getting on and how many are already on.
  • Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico) has a separate line for guests with mobility devices. Once in that line, you wait until the CM calls you for boarding. Load and unload are in the same area; an ECV or wheelchair can be parked there while you ride or there is a wheelchair accessible boat.
  • Living With the Land in the Land is not a separate line, but guests with mobility devices use the Fastpass line. If you have Fastpasses, you enter directly into the line. Without Fastpasses, you will be given a return time ticket to come back.

MK has 4 -
  • Jungle Cruise - has a totally separate waiting area next to the exit. If you have Fastpass, you will be given a return time ticket to let you go into that area right away. Without Fastpass, the return time will be roughly equal to the current wait in the Standby line.
  • It’s a Small World works the same, except that they sometimes have guests with mobility devices who do not have Fastpass use the Standby Line to a certain point, after which they switch to the accessible line.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad uses the exit for guests with mobility devices. They may give a return time ticket, depending on whether or not the guest has Fastpass and the number of guests waiting in the area.
  • Space Mountain uses the Fastpass line (with Fastpass, you would go right in. Without Fastpass, you will likely get a return time).

I have a torn meniscus, and I will be renting a wheelchair and using it as needed, mostly when my knee locks up on me or when it becomes too painful to walk. What do they do with your wheelchair while you are on a ride?

Does the Haunted Mansion use the same line for ECV users?
This is one of those have to see my friend I go with we go in the FPline and then at the end directed to the exit I have hard others having to use a wheelchair

There was someone on here that had 3 different things on the same trip

I have a torn meniscus, and I will be renting a wheelchair and using it as needed, mostly when my knee locks up on me or when it becomes too painful to walk. What do they do with your wheelchair while you are on a ride?
The CM move it to the exit if the rides

Does the Haunted Mansion use the same line for ECV users?
Haunted Mansion has mainstream lines where all guests use the same line (both Standby and Fastpass lines).
Using a mobility device does NOT give automatic access to the Fastpass line unless you have Fastpasses for that attraction.
As you enter the first room of the mansion, the CM will direct you which side of the room to stay on.
When guest exit the Stretching room, guests with mobility devices and their group are directed to a hallway that bypasses the regular boarding area. You will park your ECV and board at the exit.
You may be asked if you can park your ECV in the large open area at the exit and walk in. This is most likely to happen if it’s really busy or if there are already a lot of mobility devices in line/inside the building.
Some attractions have a wheelchair accessible ride car and you would be able to stay in the wheelchair for those.
All shows have wheelchair spots where you can sit in the wheelchair (or you can choose to transfer to a seat).

For attractions where you need to get out of the wheelchair, in most cases, the loading and inloading area are lose together, so your wheelchair will wait right where you left it while you ride. For the few that are not set up that way, the CM will move the mobility device from the load area to the unload area, so it will be waiting for you when you get off.

I know that Splash Mountain has a separate entrance so that ECV drivers don't have to deal with the stairs. The CM will direct you to go in another way (I think it's the exit) and you'll have to wait for another CM to take you over to the ride.

I know that Splash Mountain has a separate entrance so that ECV drivers don't have to deal with the stairs. The CM will direct you to go in another way (I think it's the exit) and you'll have to wait for another CM to take you over to the ride.

This is true, however all guests initially enter through the main queue (standby or FP+). The pull-off is a little ways in and mobility devices will be directed accordingly at that point. There are a few other attractions similar, where guests enter the regular queue and then will be directed differently -- to avoid stairs, to put the mobility device at/near the ride exit, etc.

Enjoy your vacation!

So I would go in the stretching room with the ECV? Concerned because of the small space packed with people and the dark area after exiting it.

This is true, however all guests initially enter through the main queue (standby or FP+). The pull-off is a little ways in and mobility devices will be directed accordingly at that point. There are a few other attractions similar, where guests enter the regular queue and then will be directed differently -- to avoid stairs, to put the mobility device at/near the ride exit, etc.

Enjoy your vacation!
It is as lanejudy described.

Splash Mountain is not a separate entrance, it is a bypass to the stairs after waiting in either the regular or Fastpass line (if you have Fastpasses).
The bypass is at the point of the stairs.

There are attractions with different loading for guests with mobility devices.
The ‘pull off’ points for those are either just before the stairs or other item that makes it inaccessible or close to the usual boarding area.
So I would go in the stretching room with the ECV? Concerned because of the small space packed with people and the dark area after exiting it.
You could choose to park it and walk in or drive in.
In the first room, the CM will have you go to one side. You will enter the Stretching Room AFTER the other guests and will stay to the rear of the room. You will be asked to stay in the Stretching room until all the other guests have left. The hall you use to board is just outside of the stretching room. By that point, the other guests are already in the loading room and not near you.

Do the rides that accommodate a wheelchair but not an ECV have wheelchairs available for one to transfer to? I can transfer to a wheelchair from my ECV but am not able to walk to a car, enter and get out.

Do the rides that accommodate a wheelchair but not an ECV have wheelchairs available for one to transfer to? I can transfer to a wheelchair from my ECV but am not able to walk to a car, enter and get out.
Yes
They do. Occasionally all the wheelchairs will be temporarily in use, so you may need to wait for one to be returned.
When you get to the line entrance, ask the CM

It is as lanejudy described.

Splash Mountain is not a separate entrance, it is a bypass to the stairs after waiting in either the regular or Fastpass line (if you have Fastpasses).
The bypass is at the point of the stairs.

That's right-I forgot that I started out like everyone else. I remember now being so scared about what I'd do when I reached the stairs, but they reassured me that I'd be OK-and I was!

That's right-I forgot that I started out like everyone else. I remember now being so scared about what I'd do when I reached the stairs, but they reassured me that I'd be OK-and I was!
even let me with my cane last time use that instead of the stairs at Splash made me very happy that I didn't have to do the stairs

Regarding Haunted Mansion:
When we were there last April I was not allowed to take an ECV into the line at all. Before reaching the line there is a covered “carport” type area on the left with a multitude of courtesy wheelchairs. We were instructed to park the ECV there and switch. It ended up being pretty awkward because the wheelchairs are rather lightweight and the cobblestone area there is rough. In fact I almost went head-over-teakettle when, with my sister pushing, the front wheel went into a rut and the chair came to a very abrupt stop. I had my cane and decided it was safer to walk a bit of the distance until we reached smoother ground. It was also a nuisance trying get the ECV back out because there were now some parked behind it when we finally exited the ride. That was probably the one and only time I felt Disney hadn’t thought things through for accessibility.

When we were there last April I was not allowed to take an ECV into the line at all. Before reaching the line there is a covered “carport” type area on the left with a multitude of courtesy wheelchairs. We were instructed to park the ECV there and switch.

They must have figured that this wasn't going to work. I was there this past January and was able to take my ECV all the way through to the stretching room.

They must have figured that this wasn't going to work. I was there this past January and was able to take my ECV all the way through to the stretching room.

Oh, this makes me feel so much better. That really ended up being such a hassle that we didn’t even consider riding it more than once. Thanks for info.

When we were there last April I was not allowed to take an ECV into the line at all. Before reaching the line there is a covered “carport” type area on the left with a multitude of courtesy wheelchairs. We were instructed to park the ECV there and switch. It ended up being pretty awkward because the wheelchairs are rather lightweight and the cobblestone area there is rough. In fact I almost went head-over-teakettle when, with my sister pushing, the front wheel went into a rut and the chair came to a very abrupt stop. I had my cane and decided it was safer to walk a bit of the distance until we reached smoother ground. It was also a nuisance trying get the ECV back out because there were now some parked behind it when we finally exited the ride. That was probably the one and only time I felt Disney hadn’t thought things through for accessibility.

There was someone there ( within a year ago) that did HM 3 times each time there was something different one time she had to use a wheelchair one time she did not and she could use her EVC one time I forget what it was. So I think for HM you just need to ask the CM at the time you ride what you need to do,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!