Which restaurant in Epcot?

The Rose & Crown is one of our favorite but it can be tight for 8 people, you may need to split up.
We go to Via Napoli every trip, sometimes twice a trip
Coral Reef - skip it completely
Biergarten is fun
I'll add Spice Road because it's on the water and who doesn't like a table on the water

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but my family went to WDW with another family back in April. Each family has a 7 year old and a 9 year old.

Away, us adults like to drink adult beverages (to excess sometimes), their kids are picky, my kids are gluttons and both sets of kids like to run around like maniacs.

On our Epcot day, we went to the Biergarten Restaurant for dinner. Yes, you can get beer by the liter. It was the best. And the kids spent most of the evening dancing. They love polka.

And it's my understanding that if you tell your server about the allergies, they will handle things for you. I've seen chefs at the buffet restaurants come out to guests to discuss and help with choices or provide alternatives. Read this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

I was going to suggest Biergarten as well. The music usually keeps all the kids entertained and you could take the 2 year old out on the floor too! With 8 people you'll get all your own table so no sharing required. It's the most fun restaurant. I'm guessing there's not a lot of nut problems there except for desserts but they will take good care of you.

Last trip extended family went to Tappen Edo - the children 8, 12 loved it. Helps that they like that style of food, but the interaction with the grill guy made it worthwhile. We also like Germany for that reason, for us the food is tasty, and the kids like to get out on the dance floor and polka around. Coral Reef we found to be very expensive for very moderate quality food. Once was enough to experience the tank. Honestly for one meal the family happy looking around the Farmer's Market type food court in The Land building. Everyone can pick what they like best and lots of variety. It is a cafeteria, pay and then find a place to eat type of eatery. We like that over pizza in Italy area, which is kind of ordinary. We don't really eat the type of food served at Marrakesh so every other trip or so we enjoy the food, belly dancing, and total atmosphere of the restaurant. Whichever place you choose - Enjoy!

I would do late breakfast at Garden Grill or early lunch at Via Napoli. Dinner at Biergarten or Teppan Edo. All have a fun atmosphere and food for everyone. When you make your ressies make sure to make the allergy known. Have fun!!

Another vote for Biergarten! The loud atmosphere could be undesirable for a group of adults who want to have conversation, but it's perfect for keeping kids entertained. I love anyplace that doesn't require me to constantly shush my kids for making too much noise!

I haven't experienced Akershus for lunch or dinner, but I did have their breakfast buffet a few years ago and was pretty disappointed in the food. I also thought it took quite a bit of time to get through, even for a character meal. I far prefer Garden Grill if characters are a high priority for you.

Another vote for Tappen Edo. We always go there with large group. My husband has nut and seafood allergy and he has never had an issue here. My kids love watching them cook our food in front of us. Food is delicious too. I have been to all of the restaurants on your original list as well, and at this point would probably only go back to Biergarten. We have a lot of fun there too!

I've eaten at three Epcot TS restaurants: Biergarten, Via Napoli, and Rose & Crown, and I've really enjoyed the food at all three.

Biergarten is a fun atmosphere, and with eight people you'll pretty much have your own table (smaller parties are seated together at large tables). The buffet was really good with a large variety, and as others have said, I'm sure they can accommodate those with allergies.

Via Napoli was good, we got the Quattro Formaggi pizza and it was delicious. If your family enjoys good pizza, it's a nice choice and one of the more reasonably priced for a large family.

Rose & Crown is probably my favorite of the three though. Part of this may be our amazing seat for the IllumiNations Dining Package, but the food was really high quality and tasty, and the service was excellent. Of the three, this is the one I'd be most excited to revisit in the future.

I would look at my park touring plan and decide on restaurants from that. You don't want to be enjoying Future World and have to run to the "back" of World Showcase for lunch, then back to FW to finish your visit, then off to trek around WS. Also, for my family, 2 table service meals in one day would be (a) too much food and (b) too much time spent sitting. Also, Disney is FABULOUS with meals for guests with allergies. Let them know when you make the ADR and the chef or someone from the kitchen will come out and talk with you, guide you through what is "safe" and possibly even make an individual meal for the person with the allergies, depending on what's available.

If you really want 2 sit-down meals, I'd do Akershus or Garden Grill for a late breakfast, and then Biergarten for supper. Graze on Epcot goodies in between. Of course, this never worked for our kids; they never grabbed onto the idea of "eating big" to last until supper! Maybe do breakfast at the hotel, lunch somewhere in Future World (Sunshine Seasons has a lot of variety, not just your standard "burger&fries" options), and then dinner in Epcot at Biergarten. (We've done Teppan Edo and the food was fine and the chefs were what you get at any hibachi-type restaurant, but it's expensive for less food- no salad/soup offered- than what we get at the same type of restaurant at home.)

Via Napoli in my experience can be really, really loud. Biergarten was good, but not great. A benefit there is that your group of 8 will not have to share a table with others, like a smaller group would. We had a great experience at San Angel Inn, good atmosphere, delicious huge portions of food, good service and delicious margaritas for the adults. I’ve heard it’s variable, though. We got lucky. I also liked Marrakech.

Via Napoli is fun and good for a group. Second choice would be Biergarten, which has a show, but you will have to get your own food. 2 full meals may be a lot in one day but if you do this, I would choose Via Napoli and split some pizzas for lunch and then do dinner at Biergarten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter