Which restaurant in Epcot?

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
Hi guys, We will be a group of 8 people. 4 adult and 4 kids. The kids range in age between 2 y.o. to 12 y.o. Our kids are all adventurous eaters so anything goes. One kid does have a nut allergy so buffets styles restaurants are not the best but we can manage if you think its worth it. We do have a two year old so we want a place where the meal won't take too long ( no 4 course meals) as she does get restless sitting in a high chair too long.

We are looking for a restaurant that will be fun for the kids and have good food. We want to do lunch and supper so we need to reserve 2 restaurants.

We are debating between:

1. Arkeshus Royal Banquet (fun Princess interaction)
2. Coral Reef (for the Aquarium)
3. Via Napoli (everyone loves pizza)
4. Rose and Crown (for fish and chips)
5. Chef de France (my sister loves French food)
6. La Hacienda (cool nightime atmosphere)
7. Beirgarten (dance floor for the kids but its buffet style!?)

Which of these would you pick? Or if you have any other suggestions!

Thanks

I'm not sure if I would do lunch AND dinner in the same day unless they're spaced really far apart.

I would do a late(ish) breakfast at say Garden Grill and then Via Napoli or Rose and Crown

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but my family went to WDW with another family back in April. Each family has a 7 year old and a 9 year old.

Away, us adults like to drink adult beverages (to excess sometimes), their kids are picky, my kids are gluttons and both sets of kids like to run around like maniacs.

On our Epcot day, we went to the Biergarten Restaurant for dinner. Yes, you can get beer by the liter. It was the best. And the kids spent most of the evening dancing. They love polka.

And it's my understanding that if you tell your server about the allergies, they will handle things for you. I've seen chefs at the buffet restaurants come out to guests to discuss and help with choices or provide alternatives. Read this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

my pick would be Akershus or how about garden grill? they have chip n dale and mickey & pluto. Coral Reef IMO is not that great food or even ambience wise. If your not seated by the tank, it gets kind of boring.

I usually snack around the world showcase with my kids for lunch and then do dinner at an Epcot area resort restaurant or a restaurant at a Resort on the Monorail.

Reason being:
I've been to Coral reef wasn't a fan.

The other restaurants other than Arkeshus and Biergarden, You can find those food options elsewhere. My kids aren't so adventurous and one is extremely picky and 2 of my children have nut allergies. So we have not tried Arkeshus and Biergarden.

Another option:
Depending when you go they are opening a new Space restaurant in Epcot that might be interesting to try.

Been in all of them but La Hacienda and Akershus. Biergarten was just ok for me and my mum, but we are German - foodwise for us average - and no fan of bavarian folk music. We loved Chefs de France and I on my single trip had a very good dinner at Rose and Crown - I will eat at both again. Via Napoli the pizza is good, but I don't think very good, but this was 3 years ago. Coal Reef was okay foodwise, but as I was seating on the tank this was a huge plus-factor.

Not a popular opinion, but I think Biergarten would be a good fit. You can make the meal as quick, or as relaxed as you need to - plus that dance floor is always full. As for the buffet concern, if you make sure to tell the host/server about the allergy, Disney is always accommodating.

And yes, we are all waiting patiently for Space220 ... but depending on when you when you're going, reservations for 8 will be hard to come by.

Teppan edo would be a fun choice too

Budget wise via Napoli might be your best bet w shared pizza

I love garden grill, but only if I sit in the lower level

We love Via Napoli. I like that style of pizza. We also are big fans of fish and chips. A lot of times we try and eat in the bar of rose and crown.

Both character meals, Akershus and Garden Grill, are served family style and have good food and good character interaction. I would go with at least one. La Hacienda is pretty, but the tables are so close and it is so dark it detracts from the dining experience. Also just okay food. Coral Reef food is a very expensive version of Red Lobster, IMO.

1. Garden Grill... it's all you can eat, but family style and you call tell the server about the nut allergy.
2. Biergarten, for all the reasons other have mentioned
3. Alternative choice... Teppan Edo. The little show the chef puts on can keep the kids entertained.

chefs de France is my families favorite DS has loved it since he was 4. We also like Coral Reef, Rose & Crown is on our list for next trip.

Rose and Crown for a pretty informal meal as sit down or the fish n chip window
Tutto Italia Ristorante for something a little more formal
Lotus Blossom Café is great for a quick Chinese food meal or a snack while watching Illuminations (RIP soon)

Teppan Edo is a lot of fun especially with a group and the two year old would enjoy it as well most likely. We love Garden Grill for breakfast. The food is good and the characters typically come around a few times each. It doesn’t seem to have the chaos of the other character meals.

Your going to get a ton of different answers and the only one that will make sense is the one that fits best with your family. For my family it is Coral Reef. We love the atmosphere and food wise have never been disappointed. We have had bad service here but the last time had the best server and we gave him a great tip for being so outstanding. Our 2nd pick would be Garden Grill followed by Rose and Crown and then Via Napoli.

We are not adventurous eaters at all and it limits our choices. We had to remove Rose and Crown from our dining when they got rid of the steak as my sister won't eat anything else on the menu.

Our Favorites at Epcot
Via Napoli Lie you said everybody love pizza but here its different it is one of our must do meals the pizza is top notch and we find it to be the best food value dollar for dollar at WDW

Garden Grill - We went there on our last trip for the first time. We were very pleasantly surprised at how good this restaurant is as we had overlooked it for years. DGC's loved the characters.

my 2cents

Before I read your list I was going to suggest Teppan Edo. We love it there and it's entertaining to watch them prepare your food!

Akershus for breakfast we really enjoy. Their lunch/dinner menu does not offer enough choices that we would enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter