Which resort touring/restaurant itinerary is best?

Which would you pick?

• Plan A: Ragland Road on Sunday, MK area resort tours Monday, Giordanos

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Plan B: MK area only on Sunday, Raglan Road dinner Monday, less $ on Uber/Minnie Vans

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5, everyone is 12 or over and no mobility issues. We've all been to Disney several times, but never in "full Christmas effect" (have been in early November and early January, when there is some minimal Christmas decorations) so the main focus of this trip is to experience Christmas at Disney and we will be there the first weekend of December. Staying at Boardwalk Inn

Friday and Saturday will be the same regardless I currently have "Plan A" planned/booked, but I don't anticipate problems switching to Plan B if I decide to do that.

Arrive Friday evening, spend some time enjoying the Boardwalk and seeing any decorations there, YC, and BC.
Saturday is Epcot and we have a Candlelight Processional package booked.

Plan A:
Sunday:
Sleep in?
Pool in morning (weather dependent)
11:55 Reservation at Raglan Road (Disney Springs)
Shop/look at Christmas trees at Disney Springs
3:30 Minnie Van to MK or regular Uber/Lyft to Contemporary and walk to MK
4:00 Enter Magic Kingdom for MVMCP
12:00 party ends, go back to hotel

Monday:
Sleep in
Check out of hotel and bring bags to lobby airport check in to be brought directly to airport
Take Minnie van to Trails End at Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
11:00 breakfast reservation at Trails End
Visit Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian to see decorations
4:00 Ish: Uber to Giordanos in Orlando
4:30 (ish) dinner
6:00 (ish) uber to MCO
9:00 flight home

Plan B:
Sunday:
Sleep in (a little)
10:00 Brunch at "The Wave" (Contemporary resort) or "Trails end" (Fort Wilderness Campground)-using regular Disney transportation even though it could take a while/transfers
Tour resorts to look at Christmas decorations.
4:00 Enter Magic Kingdom for MVMCP
7:00 PARTY!
12:00 party ends, go back to hotel

Monday:
Sleep in
Check in luggage for flight at desk in Boardwalk Inn lobby and check out of hotel
Pool? (weather dependent)
Disney Springs (look at Christmas trees, shop)
4:00 Early dinner at Raglan Road (dancers start at 4:30)
6:00 (ish) uber to MCO
9:00 flight home

The good thing about Plan A is getting to eat off site at Giordanos (we don't have one near us.)

The benefit of Plan B is we'd spend far less on Uber/Minnievans. Also we'd do less "commuting" to MK area, which seems more efficient. Also our morning would be more flexible for sleeping in late after the party, without an ADR to rush off too. I do worry that on Monday we'd have a bit too much time on our hands--shopping at Disney Springs isn't really our thing, so if the weather isn't great for a last minute swim, we'd have to find something else to do.

Which would you pick? Is there any issues I'm overlooking? Thank you!

I chose B because it seems more efficient, which is more my style (especially on travel days). You may even have some pool time on Sunday with plan B if you get done looking at the Christmas decorations early enough? If you're excited about Giordano's I don't see a problem with that plan, though!

I would do B, but I would move your brunch up to noon at the earliest. It will not take you 6 hours to eat and tour the MK resorts prior to MVMCP.
Thanks! It looks like Sunday brunch at Trails End can be booked as late as 2 pm...and the main two resorts we want to check out are Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian
So I'm thinking,
use Disney bus to get from BWI to MK and use bus or boat (depending on weather) to get to Wilderness Lodge and check that out
Walk, boat, or bus to go to Trails End brunch
After brunch boat or bus back to MK and use monorail or boat to get to Grand Floridian
After checking out Grand Floridian use monorail or boat to go to Magic Kingdom for the party.

So I'm thinking a 1 pm Trails End brunch would work best?

What is your plan for your carry-on luggage?
We probably won't have any carry on luggage if we don't swim in the morning. If we do choose to swim in the morning, we'll probably just use a backpack; it would only need to carry our wet bathing suits. :)

We probably won't have any carry on luggage if we don't swim in the morning. If we do choose to swim in the morning, we'll probably just use a backpack; it would only need to carry our wet bathing suits. :)

Then you are far more efficient than I could ever dream of being :rotfl2:

My family would choose plan B.
A couple things we would change would be Sunday - wake up 9 ish. Grab a coffee and morning snack. Swim and/or relax. Eat brunch around 1:30 We would then have enough time to see the decorations at CR, GF, Poly without have a ton of time left over. Get to the party for 4. The late brunch is nice because that way we don't waste time at MVMCP on a meal but still have an appetite to enjoy all the festive snacks!

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much the Trails End Brunch costs? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. The Disney website just gives a range of adult prices that I’m pretty sure isn’t accurate (34.99-59) and doesn’t give a price for children at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter