Which resort to stay in December 2012

Momamae

Earning My Ears
I need some help I am going to the world in Dec. 12' with my DW, 8 and 6 year olds. we have stayed at BCV, SSR, AKK, OKW, where should we stay this trip. I was wondering about BW because it is close to the two parks or WL because it looks cool. I would like to stay somewhere we haven't yet. I really love BCV so and that area so I am leaning towards BWV. What do you think?:yay::yay::yay::santa:

The WL is sooooo Christmasy, you will Love it. The Resort is Great any time of the year but it "feels" as if they had Christmas in mind when it was built :santa:

What about BLT? If you are going to hit any of the MVMCPs, you can walk there and back no matter what the hour. The monorail is always a hit with that age too..... and you can watch the fireworks from TOTW!!:thumbsup2

Of course this is very subjective but you asked so I'll vote for my favorite and at Christmastime it's perfect:santa:.

Where do you own? I would make a reservation at my home resort since they both of my recommendations fill up quickly. At the 7 month mark, try for VWL or BWV. We love the ambiance of WL at Christmastime. The short boat ride to MK is a plus. BWV is also a good choice for proximity to Epcot. Both are good choices.

Have a wonderful vacation.

We own at SSR. So I was going to make aressie at the 11 month mark then switch to whatever resort we choose so hopefully I will get more replys, thanx.

I would try BWV, Stayed there & BCV a few times & loved how close Epcot & DHS was, so I would choose BWV. We are also going Dec 2012 & may do BWV again!!:)

VWL is favored by many, many people at Christmas time. The lodge theme really lends itself to garland. I think that the BW lobby is also lovely at Christmas. Children the ages of your kids usually love the BW entertainers. Most of the acts include kids in their routines.

This morning I called to make our ressie for December at our home resort, the Beach Club. At the top of my list for changing on May is the Bay Lake Towers and VWL. I haven't stayed at either one yet and I plan on going to a party at Magic Kingdom during our stay, so it would be nice to be close. Although I also want to go to a Candlelight Processional which would make our home resort convenient.

I just made my Dec. 1-5 reservation at BLT. We're doing a split stay so I'll book BWV Dec. 5-9 reservation on Thurs. I used to hate changing resorts but I've gotten used to it and I love having the best of both worlds (MK and Epcot/DHS) in one stay.

I would try BWV, Stayed there & BCV a few times & loved how close Epcot & DHS was, so I would choose BWV. We are also going Dec 2012 & may do BWV again!!:)

We did BWV (family of 4) over Christmas in 2009 and truly loved it. Big plus for proximity to EPCOT and DHS. If you attend the IllumiNations show at EPCOT, just a short walk back "home" thru the International gateway.

In beg of Dec we stayed at BLT and we thought it was awesome. We walked to and from MK. We park hop and went to the MVMCP so it was very convenient.
If I went again I'd stay at Wilderness Lodge for the ambience.

Its our first time going but we selected 1 week at BLT for the monorail/proximity to MK/3 bathrooms for 8 people, then the other week in a standard view at BWV for the proximity to Osborne Lights/Epcot for restaurants and to save points. Got my BLT reservation today, just have to wait a week for BWV!

There's a December 2012 thread over on the Resorts board.

We did December 2010 at AKV. We're glad we did as we wouldn't have otherwise made it over there.

For December of 2012, we're doing a split stay at BWV - BLT - BWV. We're doing weekends at BWV and weekdays at BLT givent he point premiums. I don't usually advocate for theme park view as I think it's a waste of points. We loved our standard view this past October. Could stand on the balcony and see the castle.

However, for Christmas, we wanted to be able to just look out our windows of the living room and enjoy the view. Special time of year and with the pending point reallocation, we may not get this chance again. We're only doing it because it is the lowest point time right now.

We like resorts that actually celebrate the holidays in some unique way. Our dining reservations made it easier for us to get to othe resorts. We really liked: 1) AKV, great tree 2) WLV, again - great tree 3) BLT, love the outdoor Mickey wreath. We didn't get to any of the other DVC resorts in 2010. In 2012 we'll get to BWV for sure and hopefully over to BCV.

As for all resorts, I really liked GF the most and was most disappointed by the Poly.

Good luck! We'll be there 11/30-12/9. Can't wait. Can't believe it's still 11 months away. This will be a 14 month gap between World visits. That will be our longest since July 2007 to February 2009. We're definitely spoiled.

You can't go wrong with the Wilderness Lodge or the Boardwalk at Christmas!

thank you again for your posts, alot of good insight. we are leaning towards BWV. Now my DW said she might want to go the saturday after Thanksgiving instead of the firest week in Dec. I don't think it will be a major problem what do you guys think?

I'd think the Sat. after Thanksgiving would be difficult. I just booked my Dec. 5-9 BWV std view 2 bedroom and the CM told me I got the last one!

Just booked a GV at OKW on 1/2 for 6 nights starting DEC 1. Could not get the HH area but am wait listed for it. Fist time going at Christmas time. :banana:

I don't think you can go wrong in Christmas. Each resort has its own flare and yule tide spirit.

We're splurging on a TV view at BLT for 5 nights and then staying at BWV the 2 nights before and after. BLT is just too expensive on the weekend, at least in a TV.

This is an exciting split stay for us as we've wanted to see the chocolate carousel for some time and being close to Epcot during the Candlelight Processional is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!