Which resort is best to waitlist for a studio that allows 5

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Points are low and need to add a day. 2 adults and 3 children. What resort has the most studios and also allows 5 in a room?

When are you going? Will you need to waitlist?

The most comfortable 5pp studio imo is poly, but bwv has a reasonable number of pool/garden view. However, the most point-effective studio that sleeps 5 is the std view at bwv.

Good luck!

Poly and BWV pool/garden view would likely provide best chances. You mention low points but BWV standards are low in number, very high in demand, and far more difficult to get, including off wait list.

I saw some Wilderness lodge have studio for 5 some do not. How to waitlist and guarantee 5?

BTW, going for studio instead of 1 bedroom due to low points. Which is more likely to have a room, BCV, BW GV or GF?

BTW, going for studio instead of 1 bedroom due to low points. Which is more likely to have a room, BCV, BW GV or GF?

You can waitlist 2 room types. If you’re concerned about points, and poly is out of the picture, I would waitlist BWV pool/garden (for the higher chance) and BWV standard (for the lowest points, you never know).

You can waitlist 2 room types. If you’re concerned about points, and poly is out of the picture, I would waitlist BWV pool/garden (for the higher chance) and BWV standard (for the lowest points, you never know).

Poly and VGF have similar studio costs, but Poly has 300+ studios to VGF's 47. So I'm not sure why Poly should be out, unless OP really hates tikis. (But is okay with clowns? If this is the case, I want the story because I bet it's good!)

Poly and VGF have similar studio costs, but Poly has 300+ studios to VGF's 47. So I'm not sure why Poly should be out, unless OP really hates tikis. (But is okay with clowns? If this is the case, I want the story because I bet it's good!)

The OP kept mentioning her desire to use less points but maximize space. I agree poly is great for 5 people (my favorite studio). However, if he/she is really point conscious, then poly isn’t a point saver, and bwv pool/garden is her best bet, with a small chance of getting standard.

I thought the OP was okay with any studio point cost but couldn't afford the points for a 1BR, which may or may not sleep five anyway.

It is more the moment wait listing VGF is in play, the point cost at Poly is not an issue, for me.

Unless there is Fear Of Tikis.

Wow, thanks for all the replys.
I love Tikis. Clowns are kinda weird but I just ignore them.

We found a better flight day before trip.
Currently we have a 1 bedroom for 2 nights at Saratoga. It only allows 4 by website but cast member said some 1 bedrooms can allow 5, and all 5 names are on reservation. We then have to switch rooms (rooms were scarce when we booked, fall break only time we can do this trip).
So I am going to wait list 3 days at beginning of trip, using the points from Saratoga (52). For poly I might need 2 more points which I can borrow (only 6 available to borrow ).

This is a trip to take grandsons since they can not come this summer with us. Parents could not take time off so I figured I would make an extra trip in during fall break with them since I have an annual pass. Ages 4, 6 and 8.

Hoping for poly, otherwise maybe Bw or BC or BCV. Going to wait ist and keep checking online.

Plan B would be to get hotel at airport or at Disney. Currently are flight lands at Midnight.
Has anyone stayed at airport Hilton.

As to some not so accurate information you got from cast member: SSR 1BRs all (not just some) allow five; the issue you have is that there is only the king bed in the master BR and the pull out queen in the living room for sleeping places and thus the fifth must either sleep in the king bed or the queen pull-out or you have to bring your own bedding materials (such as an air mattress or sleeping bag).

The three children can easily sleep togethere on one bed.

On Planning website some resorts only list 4 in a one bedroom but I guess 5 is still allowed. Maybe they have that chair that makes into a bed.

The three children can easily sleep togethere on one bed.

On Planning website some resorts only list 4 in a one bedroom but I guess 5 is still allowed. Maybe they have that chair that makes into a bed.
No. They require you to BYOB. The 1BR units with a chair or 3rd bed surface are at AKV, OKW, VGF and BLT.

No. They require you to BYOB. The 1BR units with a chair or 3rd bed surface are at AKV, OKW, VGF and BLT.
And your own sheets and towels for the fifth person. You only get four bath towels. But you could purchase a towel pack for $6 that would give you four more bath towels, two more hand towels, four more face cloths and an extra tub mat.

Some of the DVC studios do not allow a fifth person, CCV, BLT, AKV values, and Aulani's DVC hotel rooms come to mind. For 1BRs that do not sleep five, the member website under DVC Destinations will show sometimes this remark "5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided" if you are allowed to add more than 4 guests in rooms without beds for five. Of course one toddler/infant under age 3 is still allowed over the room limits.

Last edited:
Some of the DVC studios do not allow a fifth person, CCV, BLT, AKV values, and Aulani's DVC hotel rooms come to mind. For studios that do not sleep five, the member website under DVC Destinations will show this remark "5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided" if you are allowed to add more than 4 guests in rooms without beds for five. Of course one toddler/infant under age 3 is still allowed over the room limits.
I think you mean one bedroom villas, not studios. Only studios that actually have beds for five will sleep five. All will sleep plus one more under the age of three, but that's not included in the count. OKW studios do not sleep five. SSR will not sleep five in the studio, but will allow a fifth in the one bedroom. For example, it says on the member website this about OKW studios:
Deluxe Studio
View Floor Plans- Modal
Views of Water, Woodlands or Fairways
2 queen-size beds
Sleeps Up to 4

This is what is says about SSR one bedrooms:
1-Bedroom Villa Preferred Room
View Floor Plans- Modal
Preferred categories are located in The Springs and Congress Park.
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided.
Sleeps Up to 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!