Which Resort for Daughter Graduating Pre-school?

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are going to be bringing back our daughter who will be 4-1/2 during the 1st week of May 2020 for 5 days to celebrate her pre-school graduation. Which resort would you recommend of the 4 listed below and why? POFQ (river view) room, POR (preferred room or river view), AOA (finding nemo suite), or Pop Century (preferred room)? Does AOA suites or Pop Century have queen beds? Will the Gondelas be operational by May 2020? Do the preferred rooms at POR have river view? Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
If nothing changes in the rooms by 2020 ...

First choice (based on your view parameters) is POR ROYAL Guest Room River View. She’ll love the room and the resort is lovely. These rooms, especially river view are easy walk to main hub.

Second pick the Nemo Suite. Bedroom has a queen bed, the Murphy bed is a full. The theme is fun and highly imagineered, even the landscape by the building looks like underwater plants.

First choice (based on your view parameters) is POR ROYAL Guest Room River View.

Second this. I would try to get the building closest to POFQ. Easy walking distance to the POFQ bus stop and food court. When we stayed at POR in a Royal Room we were in Oak Manor and still wound up using the bus stop at POFQ quit a bit.

Second choice for me would be POFQ. More compact resort, still has boat to Disney Springs, like their hot tub. When we stayed their 3 years ago we found the bus service to be the best we have had at any resort(temper this with the knowledge that we were there during the Holiday season and for the most part POFQ wasn't sharing buses with POR).

While French Quarter is our favorite resort I agree with HopperFan. A princess room in POR would be incredible and if you can't get one of those you really can't go wrong with Finding Nemo. At 17 even my daughter has mentioned getting rooms there.

Second this. I would try to get the building closest to POFQ. Easy walking distance to the POFQ bus stop and food court. When we stayed at POR in a Royal Room we were in Oak Manor and still wound up using the bus stop at POFQ quit a bit.

Second choice for me would be POFQ. More compact resort, still has boat to Disney Springs, like their hot tub. When we stayed their 3 years ago we found the bus service to be the best we have had at any resort(temper this with the knowledge that we were there during the Holiday season and for the most part POFQ wasn't sharing buses with POR).

YES. I think another huge plus of the Royal Guest rooms is the location .... the easy walk to POFQ to use their amenities, the very close walk to the POR main hub for the amenities there, the close proximity to 2 POR bus stops or the POFQ bus stop. And the river view rooms are legit river view rooms ... while some of the Preferred rooms have river views they are also in an area that feels more water/island view than river and the paths in front of those buildings are closer to rooms and high traffic. The Royal Guest rooms river view is a more open, with more of a Southern Charm peaceful feel to it ....... if any of that makes sense.

Royal Guest Rooms River View is a bookable category so that is what you will get.

Preferred Guest Rooms may have "Views of Landscaping, Courtyard, Garden or Bayou" so it may be harder to box in both Preferred and River - it gets tricky ... I would read over the breakdown of bookable categories on their website. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/port-orleans-resort-riverside/rates-rooms/

This is a "River View" from the Bayou section (where preferred are located)

room-le-g07.jpg

This is a river view from Royal Guest Room area

8f52d1ae34c106350706603b50b5c460--disney-hotels-disney-vacations.jpg

river-transport.jpg

When my kids were that age (and still as teenagers) their #1 "must" for a resort is a pool slide so we did mods. Never value. I would go with POR or POFQ. Honestly, kids at that age don't care where they stay. If you ask my kids what resorts they've stayed at over the years they will have no clue. They'll describe CBR as the pirate pool and that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter