• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort for a resort day/night and day at MK

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
DS12 and I may be adding 2 nights on at the end of our cruise in January. I've narrowed our options to the following:

BLT
VWL
BWV

The points are so close and not really a deciding factor.

We'll have Friday afternoon and evening at the resort and then spend all day Saturday at MK, not hopping. We'll leave Sunday morning or early afternoon.

We haven't stayed at any of the 3 resorts.

We live in Utah so swimming in January in Florida may be a viable Friday afternoon option.

ETA: VGF only have availability for our Friday not the Saturday so I removed it from the list though one day I'd love to stay there.

:thanks: for any insights.

MK stay, VWL or BLT. We like the theming at VWL, we own both resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

We did exact same thing this past spring, we tacked on 2 nights at WDW after our cruise. We stayed at VWL and absolutely loved it. By the end of our cruise we had definitely had our share of a "tropical"/island theme, so switching to the theme of the Great Northwest was a nice contrast and really tied our whole vacation together.

The boat ride to MK was a breeze. Have fun!

I would definitely stay at BLT. You will be able to walk to and from MK and not waste time on transportation . The best part is when wishes ends and everyone is lined up for transportation and you just get to stroll back to BLT!

The night you get there you can have dinner at any of the monorail resorts or hang out at the top of the world lounge.

BLT.....we just got back for the 2nd time...

Love it....

Beautiful setting on Bay Lake....

Walk to MK....monorail to Epcot.....

Boating....Wishes from resort.....Electrical water parade..... 3 pools.....Chef Mickeys....Top of World Lounge....

Boat ride to WL....monorail to Poly...GF....pixiedust:

MK stay, VWL or BLT. We like the theming at VWL, we own both resorts.

Thanks Bill. I'm leaning towards VWL. Hope they still have availability by the time I decide.

We did exact same thing this past spring, we tacked on 2 nights at WDW after our cruise. We stayed at VWL and absolutely loved it. By the end of our cruise we had definitely had our share of a "tropical"/island theme, so switching to the theme of the Great Northwest was a nice contrast and really tied our whole vacation together.

The boat ride to MK was a breeze. Have fun!

Great insight, thank you! It didn't occur to me that we'll be tropical'd out so the VWL might be a welcome change. We live in Utah so I don't generally go for a woodsy theme but I think DS will enjoy the VWL and seeing the train room.

I would definitely stay at BLT. You will be able to walk to and from MK and not waste time on transportation . The best part is when wishes ends and everyone is lined up for transportation and you just get to stroll back to BLT!

The night you get there you can have dinner at any of the monorail resorts or hang out at the top of the world lounge.

Good point on being able to walk back to MK. That is definitely tempting. BLT might be a good choice as I don't know that I'll ever get DH to stay there. He's an SSR/AKV lover. Kona Cafe is on the Monorail line too. Hmm....

BLT.....we just got back for the 2nd time...

Love it....

Beautiful setting on Bay Lake....

Walk to MK....monorail to Epcot.....

Boating....Wishes from resort.....Electrical water parade..... 3 pools.....Chef Mickeys....Top of World Lounge....

Boat ride to WL....monorail to Poly...GF....pixiedust:

You're making this hard. :rotfl: I was really leaning towards VWL......BWV are out. Now it's just between BLT and VWL. If I wait long enough, I'm sure Disney will decide for me by lack of availability.

Bay Lake Tower! It's WALKING distance to MK, that's PERFECT! Also, the contemporary/modern theme of the resort is fantastic! The rooms are also very nice. VWL is also a great resort, however, it's further from MK and you have to take a ferry to get there, instead of the Monorail or the Walking Distance from Bay Lake Tower.

Back to VWL, BLT is like any modern high raise condo, nothing special in the theme. VWL has nicer grounds, pool, and Fire Rock Geyser.

You can also take a boat to BLT if you want to go to TOTWL.

Bay Lake Tower! It's WALKING distance to MK, that's PERFECT! Also, the contemporary/modern theme of the resort is fantastic! The rooms are also very nice. VWL is also a great resort, however, it's further from MK and you have to take a ferry to get there, instead of the Monorail or the Walking Distance from Bay Lake Tower.

BLT does have the best location for sure. Being within walking distance is tempting.

Back to VWL, BLT is like any modern high raise condo, nothing special in the theme. VWL has nicer grounds, pool, and Fire Rock Geyser.

You can also take a boat to BLT if you want to go to TOTWL.

Thanks again Bill. We will stay at the VWL. :thumbsup2 I keep going back to it. I think DS will enjoy it much more than BLT. The decor of BLT just doesn't appeal to me. The location seems amazing though.

An added bonus to VWL is that since it is January, there will probably be a fire lit in the fireplace. That adds to the atmosphere... Love it! :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip!:wave2:

An added bonus to VWL is that since it is January, there will probably be a fire lit in the fireplace. That adds to the atmosphere... Love it! :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip!:wave2:

Thank you! VWL are sounding better and better. Now to convince myself the 4 hour drive for 2 nights and one park day are worth it. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter