• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which resort for 5?

DisneyFan09

DIS Veteran
Which resort rooms can accommodate 5? We are starting out with 3 (myself, dd 7, dd 8) and are being joined by 2 (friend, ds 10) later in the week and we are on a pretty tight budget. Can 5 fit in the value or moderate? I was hoping to stay 4 nights in the value and move to mod. or maybe even deluxe for the last 2 nights. I do not want to rent DVC points. Any advice?

Port Orleans-Riverside has some rooms that can take 5. In the AB section.

Other than that in Values & Moderates, you would need two rooms.

The Poly and The Beach Club both can accomodate 5. There is a small day bed in the rooms. You can begin in the value or moderate and then move to either The Poly or the Beach Club.And remember Disney will move all your bags for you. Enjoy!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks msdisney, I was thinking of doing something like that!
Birnbaum's says that AKL can accomodate 5 so maybe that will be a consideration. Money is a bit more of an issue with my friend than it is with me so I hate to put her in a bind. I suppose we could just get 2 rooms at a value and be done with it.

DVCDon - POR would be great but I haven't been able to find anything that says it can accomodate 5 people. Everything that I have found says 4.

Wilderness Lodge may have rooms that can accomodate 5, Boardwalk Inn may also but they may be pretty expensive. I would probably choose 2 value rooms, if you got ajoining rooms the kids could sleep in one and the parents could visit in the other.

POR would be great but I haven't been able to find anything that says it can accomodate 5 people.
You could call POR directly (407-934-6000) to find out what their policy is. I know that some of the Alligator Bayou rooms have a trundle bed under one of the double beds, so they are certainly capable of containing 5 people. My only question is to whether or not they will guarantee you one of those rooms when making a reservation. (My experience in the past is that even the choice of Alligator Bayou vs. the Mansions was a "preference" they noted, but would not guarantee.)

I do believe there is a per-night charge for the use of a trundle bed, but that would still probably be the most economical solution if they will allow it (as opposed to two connecting rooms at a value or one room at a deluxe).

Last time I stayed at POR with my family of 5, I got a good rate with a code, so I decided to book two connecting rooms. It gave us room to spread the kids out, and the nice added advantages of two bathrooms!

Keep in mind that the rooms at WL and AKL that accomodate 5 are much more expensive than the deeply discounted ones that frequently pop up. Those are standard 4-people rooms. All the other deluxes -- BW, BC, YC, Poly, CR, GF -- accomodate 5 people in a standard room. PO-R has many rooms that accomodate 5 -- they are in Alligator Bayou and have a trundle bed. You will pay $15 per night additional, so keep that in mind. That option is almost always the cheapest for 5 people. You CAN guarantee this room -- your reservation will say "AB required - 5 people" and you'll be charged the extra fee.

My advice is to pull out all the stops on looking for a discount at the Poly or the Contemporary - the rooms are the biggest I've seen at WDW for 5 people without going to one with kitchens and you can find some really good discounts if you really look. We did 5 at Alligator Bayou once and it was really crowded.

I think maybe the FW cabins might be good - but I've never seen them.

Wow! Thanks for all of the great ideas, but I think I've decided to do a deluxe for the first 3 nights that we are alone and move over to a value and try to get adjoining rooms for the nights that my friend is coming. My dd's were not real thrilled about sleeping in the same room with an "icky boy" anyway LOL!! I am a DS CM and I can get pretty good rates!! I had wanted to start in the value and move up to deluxe toward the end but that won't work for my friend, I think it's going to be hard to do it the other way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter