Which resale company

jacquellie

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm in the UK considering buying DVC on the resale market. Two of the firms I've seen look all proper and trustworthy, but one didn't look bona fide. Anyone bought resale and can vouch for a particular company? Especially buying from outside the US. I just wish there was a UK and Ireland DVC resale company - It'd make me feel better doing major financial transactions closer to home.

Would you post their website addresses? The boards require that and then we can comment. Some resale brokers are not allowed to have their website posted here but the address will just be filtered and you should still post it. That doesn't mean they aren't legitimate companies that would be able to assist you. In the broadest stroke - skip ebay and skip ones that don't specialize in DVC if it's your first purchase.

Out of interest I tried to post a firm yesterday also. What is the reasoning that some aren't allowed to be posted?

Hi, I'm in the UK considering buying DVC on the resale market. Two of the firms I've seen look all proper and trustworthy, but one didn't look bona fide. Anyone bought resale and can vouch for a particular company? Especially buying from outside the US. I just wish there was a UK and Ireland DVC resale company - It'd make me feel better doing major financial transactions closer to home.

Not sure if I can post the name but I’ve read it on here before. I’m also in the U.K., and currently have a purchase going through ROFR using Fidelity and they’ve been really helpful.

In fact I’d go as far as to say that buying through them has (so far) been easier than when we bought a direct contract through Disney.

I’m also in the UK. We’ve bought quite a few resale contracts over the years and have used a number of companies, with no issues, including the one mentioned above. Again, not sure I’m allowed to post the names but could PM you? We’re currently selling two small contracts and are happy with the service we’re getting with the particular company, having used them to buy too.

I’m in the process of buying through dvcrealsemarket and they have been very prompt with correspondence and helpful over the phone

I am from the UK too.

I have 3 contracts:

1 x direct 155 points
1 x Dvcresale market (passed ROFR waiting on closing) 200 points
1 x DVC by resale (sent for ROFR) 200 points.

All BLT and I don't mean bacon, lettuce, tomato .......

We purchased one contract from Fidelity and one from DVC Resale Market. We had positive experiences with both!

Was Fidelity particularly responsive? I've put in 2 offers with them in the past, and in both cases it's taken days to hear back from them and both times there were already offers accepted on those listing. They are horrible for updating their listings, so I'm trying to figure out if that's a pattern? They don't bother getting back to you in a timely manner because a contract is already pending? Or if that's the norm, and even if a contract is available, I could wait days to hear back on an acceptance/counter offer on a contract?

Was Fidelity particularly responsive? I've put in 2 offers with them in the past, and in both cases it's taken days to hear back from them and both times there were already offers accepted on those listing. They are horrible for updating their listings, so I'm trying to figure out if that's a pattern? They don't bother getting back to you in a timely manner because a contract is already pending? Or if that's the norm, and even if a contract is available, I could wait days to hear back on an acceptance/counter offer on a contract?

hmm. We didn't have any issues. We put in an offer and were on the phone finalizing that day. This was in December. Perhaps the delays are coronavirus related?

I've bought thru them more than once and generally had decent communication. It's been good and then just so-so on the last closing which was well before Covid. Historically they're a mixed bag with lots siting poor communication and other like me where it's been ok.

I've purchased one from Fidelity, have one in ROFR, and have put in offers on a couple of other contracts. I've never had problems with communication from them, though I've had several instances where the listing did not accurately reflect the current state (showing as available when it was sale pending).

hmm. We didn't have any issues. We put in an offer and were on the phone finalizing that day. This was in December. Perhaps the delays are coronavirus related?
I've bought thru them more than once and generally had decent communication. It's been good and then just so-so on the last closing which was well before Covid. Historically they're a mixed bag with lots siting poor communication and other like me where it's been ok.
I've purchased one from Fidelity, have one in ROFR, and have put in offers on a couple of other contracts. I've never had problems with communication from them, though I've had several instances where the listing did not accurately reflect the current state (showing as available when it was sale pending).

Can I ask if you called to put in your offers or submitted it online? I’ve been debating if I should just call but I am firmly in the millennial in-direct communication preferred generation lol.

Can I ask if you called to put in your offers or submitted it online? I’ve been debating if I should just call but I am firmly in the millennial in-direct communication preferred generation lol.

I've called all but once or twice where it's been after hours so I submitted online and then called in the morning. Pick up that phone if you're really interested! ;) Afterwards it's been mostly email communication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter