Which rental company for an EVC?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
I have looked at the sticky at the top of the page (thank-you, very nicely done!) and I went to all the web sites. They all look ok so is there one that everyone uses because of the service? Or maybe better equipment? I have never rented a scooter before.

My grandfather is joining us at Disney in June. He is 86 and can walk but tires easily. He has a scooter at home that he uses for "outings". Since he and my parents are flying down, we felt it would be easier to rent than to bring his own on the plane. Any suggestions or thoughs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! :moped:

When I rented I always used Walker. Actually there have been very few complaints posted about any of them, and generally if there has been a problem there has also been the comment that it was taken care of promptly.

With the exception of Randy's, all will drop the ECV with Bell Services prior to your arrival and pick it up after you have left. Randy's prices are lower, but you must be present at both drop-off and pick-up.

We have used Walker for 3 trips, and have always had something come up to be dealt with. Once we lost the key, and once they forgot the recharger thingy and this last time the seat decided it did not want to be lifted off its holder.

Walker was right there dealing with the situation. If he wasn't in, he called back pretty quickly. I like this company a lot.

That being said, if we need one next year for 2 weeks I am going with Randy's, because these rentals are killing our budget!

I rented an ecv in Jan. from Randy's .. They had great service I called them from the airport and they delivered the scooter to the resort as soon as we arrived went over everything set up a time to meet to return ( I even called for a later pick up time no problem) I recommened them ....

i've rented from both. had excellent service from both and both machines were very nice. much nicer than the ones at the parks. here are some differences that i noticed....

randy's is less expensive, not only in the weekly price, but they considered our rental 8 days while walker counted the same dates/time as 9-day rental. you have to be there for drop off and pick up, but they showed up right on time, they made me sign that i would not use the scooter in the rain (can be difficult in florida!), their ecv had "more pieces" to assemble and we needed to use the back seat of the full-sized car to get it all to fit.

walker was able to rent us (one time $10 charge) a separate battery charger to leave in our room so that we only had to take the batteries into the room at night. (they're heavy, but i wheeled them in on my rollator.) this was better for us as we were not using the busses, so it meant one less time assembling/disassembling the scooter each day. walker gave us a shower cap-type thing for the controls to use when it was raining.

hope this helps.

dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter