Which queues are so good you don't FP just so you can experience it?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by ChicagoJ, Jan 12, 2018.

1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

I'm deciding on FP plan now and wondering if there are any MK rides where the lines can be long but the queues are so cool you don't mind? I'm trying to prioritize. We'll have our 6 yo daughter with us. :) Edited to clarify we'd never choose a queue over a FP but I'm trying to decide which we rope drop and which we FP.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. izzylovesmickey

izzylovesmickey DIS Veteran

We like the queues at PP, EE, SDMT, BTRR and TSMM the best but after the first time seeing them we would always choose FP+ over waiting.

BLLB and MommaBerd like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Davey Jones II

Davey Jones II DIS Veteran

Star Tours doesn't often have a very long wait, so we sometimes go through the full queue instead of using a FP. That ride has a very cute and amusing queue.

TSMM has a nice queue, although not as good without Mr. Potato Head (is he ever coming back?). I wouldn't wait for that ride unless it was a short wait at rope drop or closing time. The wait times are still too long at peak hours.

5. subtchr

subtchr DIS Veteran

I'm with izzy. There are queues that are cute or interesting. But none that the queues are "so cool" I wouldn't mind waiting in a long line!

We do try to do Peter Pan early, without a fastpass, so we can let the kids see and do the little play elements in the regular queue. There are also a few things for them to play with/do in Pooh and 7DMT.

Also, I've seen the lab once for Flight of Passage, when I waited in the regular line when it was about an hour, and that is pretty cool. But every ride since then (about 6) has been with a FP or rider swap.

Monykalyn likes this.
  6. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

I would never pick experiencing a queue over getting a FP.

7. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

I think the Little Mermaid Under the Sea ride has some cute things in the queue, but the wait is seldom long. I've never used FP on it.

Monykalyn, horse11 and DisHmsklMom like this.
  8. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

Peter Pan.

horse11 and DisHmsklMom like this.
  9. 22Tink

22Tink DIS Veteran

While I’d always choose to FP first, we thought the PP and SDMT queues were fun!

10. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

FP is going to override any queue for me. That being said...I LOVE the PP queue as much as the ride. I love the 7DMT queue.

Luv2Run, DisHmsklMom and nancy155 like this.
  11. sdomino11

sdomino11 Mouseketeer

The PP queue is better than the ride. IMHO.

12. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

Best queues at WDW that you bypass most or all of the queue is Flight of Passage and Peter Pan

13. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

Mr Potato Head isn't coming back. Pretty sure there's a wall up now where he used to be

14. anomamatt

anomamatt DIS Veteran

They are changing the entire queue so that it integrates into TSL. It’ll be entered on the other side of the building. There are published rumors that Mr Potato Head will be back with the new queue. But who knows.

bcrook likes this.
  15. holden

holden DIS Veteran

None. I’d rather pull more FP+ than wait in a longer line

anomamatt likes this.
  16. ShadeDK

ShadeDK Permanently Staying in Room 237

While I still wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes or so, the HM standby queue is a fun one to see every so often. You skip all of that stuff in the FP line.

TinkerPan, LizzyS, Monykalyn and 5 others like this.
  17. Deanie1

Deanie1 DIS Veteran

Why is Mr. Potato Head gone? Not another job cut? :duck:

18. Ohminnie

Ohminnie Mouseketeer

DS demands to go through the Winnie the Pooh queue at least once per trip. It’s pretty fun!

evilqueenmindy and AngiTN like this.
  19. skyblue17

skyblue17 Mouseketeer

The Expedition Everest line is pretty fun. It's almost like a museum! Not sure if that is of interest to you with a 6yo, but in case others pop in with a similar question! FOP also has the cool lab but there's a LOT of line before that so I wouldn't wait just to see it. If you can get into it with a minimal wait, it might be worth it to check out but never prioritize it over not waiting! I've only done the FP line at 7DMT and even that is cute!

evilqueenmindy and DoryGirl1963 like this.
  20. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Yep
    There are not many queues worth the wait.
    Pan for sure, and I agree, the queue is probably better than the ride
    FoP is a great queue. I won't it to do it instead but if I have to do standby the queue makes it worth it

sdomino11 likes this.
  21. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

The nice thing about EE is even the FP line gets some museum stuff to check out

evilqueenmindy and Monykalyn like this.