Which premium pet loop should I request? and how's the dog run?

~Wendy~

Earning My Ears
We are driving our TT down to the FW for the first time in June. We need a pet loop but I am struggling to decide which one is the best option? We have a 37 ' camper (bumper to ball) and 2 goldendoodles (large dogs) I'd like a larger site with some grass for the dogs and kids. I am sure the pet loops all have nice walking paths? How is the dog run? Do we want to be close to it? Our kids will want to swim and be in the middle of all the fun stuff too... I have been looking at the 500, 600 or 700 loops...

Any advise is appreciated!

Well all loops now support pets, so it really is up to you. There are no sites with grass at the fort, most of it is dirt covered with pine duff. There are sidewalks along the main roads, but the loops themselves there are not. The dog area is nice, our dog does not do Disney, and is not very social with other dogs. 700 is a good distance from the pool. 1400 would put you behind the meadows area just a short walk to the pool and movies, the dog park would be a short walk the other direction. And as for fitting, have seen 44 ft toy haulers in there, so you will fit no problem.

outside sites in 700 loop are excellent for dog walking, if you venture behind the site, the old FW railroad tracks are back there. If you follow them south? it comes to a dog walk area. lots of deer, turkey etc in the mornings

rsz_20151107_080508.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_20151107_080508.jpg
    rsz_20151107_080508.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 2
The 500 loop is closest to the off leash dog walk and is usually where we request to stay. We prefer to be closer to that. The dog walk is pretty good, and they keep working on it. A couple years ago it was a muddy mess, but this past year it was OK even right after the hurricane.

We stayed in the 500 loop, over Thanksgiving, and liked the location. It was just across from the Dog area.

As mentioned above there is a great, shady dog walk that runs behind the 700 loop; it continues behind the 800 and 900 loops as well. We prefer well-shaded sites and have found these loops to provide perfect camping spots for us and the dogs.They are also across from the Meadow recreation area - so convenient to the pool. The dog park is a great place to get exercise and playtime (we take our guys over in the golf cart).

Wendy we like 1600 and 1800 loops as we too travel with our fur balls. Both have easy access to canal bank which in the past was a designated dog WALKING area. They are full hook up loops not too far a walk to the Pool and Meadows complex

The 400 or 500 loop is where we like to stay, we have a yellow lab that loves to spend time over at the dog park.

We are driving our TT down to the FW for the first time in June. We need a pet loop but I am struggling to decide which one is the best option? We have a 37 ' camper (bumper to ball) and 2 goldendoodles (large dogs) I'd like a larger site with some grass for the dogs and kids. I am sure the pet loops all have nice walking paths? How is the dog run? Do we want to be close to it? Our kids will want to swim and be in the middle of all the fun stuff too... I have been looking at the 500, 600 or 700 loops...

Any advise is appreciated!

We had a beautiful huge site with grass all around us leading up to the canal I think it might have been 1600 loop. Very close to the pool. We also had a great site the year before in loop 300 with grass across from us and behind us where the dog park was. I did see larger A's in that 300 loop in the beginning of the loop but some sites are smaller, close to the marina.

The Dog Park is a great open area, and as you are going in June, "ie summertime" we get our dogs out there first thing am, and they are tired out and good for the day.
PS it's not to early to start a June pre trip report :rolleyes1

This was the second year in a row we were in the 1200 loop for spring break. I requested a site on the outside. My dog seldom barks, but is afraid of dogs that do bark. From our site their was a clear path through the pine trees to the sidewalk and road. We walk in the open area heading to the unhook areas along the main road. She can run, chase armadillos, and not be disturbed by many other dogs. It really works out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter