Which Parks which days?

SEJ

Earning My Ears
We leave in 9 days and will be there Saturday afternoon through Friday evening. Do you have recommendations on which parks to go to on specific days and why. I am travelling with my two kids, 9 and 6 and staying at the Vistana. Thanks for the help.

From another thread on same topic:

eeyore0062
DIS Veteran

No need to run to the book store, I have it right here. If you are going in the off season: from Sept through May, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the most crowded days, while in the summer the opposite is true.

MK: Sunday and Friday are notoriously the least crowded in the summer, and Tuesday and Wednesday are least crowded during the rest of the year.

MGM: Monday and Friday are best for the summer, and Monday and Tuesday are best the rest of the year.

Epcot: Mondy, Ednesday and Thursday are least crowded from January through May, as well as in November and December. During summer, crowds are smaller on Satruday and Sunday. In September and Ocltober, when school groups inundate Epcot, visit on Saturday or Sunday. ( one word, if you are going between Oct 18 and Nov 18th, the locals really get into the food and wine festival on the weekends)

AK: High or low season, visti the AK on Thursday, Friday or Sunday.

Thanks for this info to The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2000. by Bob Sehlinger

1985-offsite w/ friends-College Spring Break
1993-DXL Magnolia Terrace w/ DH
1998-DXL-Alligator Bayou bldg 14, with DH
2000-WL-w/DH,DD and parents
2001-CBR-w/DH, and DD

Have a Wonderful Day
Eeyore

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-31-2001 06:55 PM

Belle1962
DIS Veteran

using the above guide, then right now it would like something like this (I think). Of course everything is open to your own interpretation of how many days at each park, what else you want to do, etc.

Sunday: Animal Kingdom
Monday: EPCOT
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday:Magic Kingdom
Thursday: EPCOT
Friday:MGM
Saturday: travel day??????

Avoid MK on Saturday! It was pretty crowded. We left around 2:00 and went back in time for the SpectroMagic parade. When we went back Tuesday, it was much less crowded and waited no more than 10 minutes for any ride (this was just this past week).

AK on Sunday got busy fast, I'd pick that for a weekday too, a cool or overcast weekday, if the sun's out, it gets hot fast!

Epcot was a ghost town on Wednesday, only a 10 minute wait for Test Track!

MGM was pretty busy on Monday, but we still didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any one ride.

Have fun! I just got back and am ready to go again!

THe crowds on different days were influenced from the EE day at that particular park. Now that EE has been eliminated; I am not sure that that info is still true (although old habits are hard to break).

It would be interesting to see over the next few months if the crowd patterns change now that there are no EE days.

Trudy

Thanks for all the help and ideas, we leave in 4 days....can't wait.

Do MK on SUNDAY! No doubt about it! Have a Great Trip!!

curly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter