Which park would you pick for a busy Saturday in March?

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
Hey,

Which park handles crowds best for a busy day?

I'm visiting Disneyland for the first time ever in March and the only days I can hit the parks are Thursday 8 (5/10 crowd) and Saturday 10 (7/10 crowd and the first day of Spring Break).

I've been to WDW, Paris and Tokyo so I'm only planning to hit the headliners and unique attractions in Disneyland and California Adventure is totally new but seems to have lots closed.

Any advice to someone who's a bit bamboozled by it all?

First off - let me say that if you are relying on Touring plans for those numbers, they could be way off but Saturdays are busy pretty much all year long.

Normally I would say that DCA is way more relaxed but it's gotten busier and busier every time we have visited and now with 2 of their major rides closed, it's likely to be a lot more congested than otherwise.

With that I'd say it's a toss up - if you want to see Fireworks though - then that would mean Disneyland on the Saturday as they do not run on week days in early March and you can see WOC any night at DCA.

If its in your budget I'd highly recommend a park hopper ticket. Hopping from one park to another is very easy and quick. It's actually kind of like one big park with two separate gates. If you've already gone through security on the Harbor or DtD checks, you actually don't even have to go through security again unless you exit the area, so parkhopping is a matter of just scanning tickets. I would never visit without a parkhopper since it provides so much flexibity. DLR is (unfortunately) pretty unpredictable, and it's nice to be able to check the app and if one park is looking really good wait time wise then hop over.

I second the parkhopper if you can swing it. It really does add a lot of flexibility and it's super quick and easy to go from park to park. We never go without parkhoppers.

...if you are staying on-site, then no problem...early into Disneyland thursday and then line up at DCA for Saturday and use your maxpass for RSR

if off site, then DCA on Thursday and Disneyland on Saturday, because folks will avoided it because of the MM phobic attitude " crowded morning" and go to an early DCA for RSR.

And spring break....it is 8 weeks long.....so not a term to define crowd levels at Disneyland

Thank you! Parkhoppers with Maxpass it is then.

I think with a mix of Maxpass and single rider lines I can probably knock out the DCA rides that are open and I can park hop until WoC too. Thanks so much for the quick and friendly answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter