Which park to skip?

For kids that age, I would say Epcot. My older 2 are 11 and 9; similar to yours. They like the rides in Future World but could take or leave World Showcase. I don't think they would want to skip HS for the headliners alone and also, they are looking forward to Pandora at AK and their favorite coaster is Everest.

With those ages, I'd skip Epcot. My kids like the rides, but WS is kinda blah for them.

yes - i could see that . I think lots of people with little kids skip Epcot if they are looking to only do 3 parks. That would likely be what I would eliminate. All though Ak isnt my favorite, it has lots of rides...and the safari ride is especially unique and I like the It a Bugs LIfe show!

We are staying at BWV for 7 nights. The park we will visit the least is Epcot and that's during F&W. I feel like TT is always down. Soarin is a great ride and I ride it multiple times along with SE. But LWTL, Nemo and Turtle Talk is one time ride for the day and usually the whole trip. That's pretty much all we do in FW. DD12 likes WS enough but not to spend hours upon hours just walking around when she knows DHS is a short walk away.

Really - just assess your kid's interests and decide based on that. With a 12 and 9 yo - any of the parks could be great for them. And it also depends on how often you go. I know a kid in that range that goes often enough that she would go for one day at MK - just to hit more parks. She hates skipping a park. But she can skip "some attractions" during a day.

This was what I had to really do, over time, with my DD10. We continued to look at things, what was available in each park, etc. When we started building a general blueprint, I'd anticipated that AK would generate her least interest, but she surprised me and said Epcot. Do the legwork and it will become clear.

I'd ask the kids, if they know about the trip. We wouldn't spend 2 days at MK though, that is my kids' least favorite park.

I am also going for four days in February and will be doing the EMM at HS. All FP for that day will be at Epcot. I'm hoping we can cover both parks pretty well in one day. We will probably skip the WS in Epcot and just hit the rides. It is really hard to skip a park. I think hopping from park to park can also tend to waste a lot of time. We could stay an extra day for the price of the hopper and EMM but kids are in high school and can't pull them from school...even for Disney.

Each family is different. Some love some parks while others could skip it.

For my family~ Epcot is the park we will skip if we ever skip one. We skipped it for the first time a couple of summers ago and are considering skipping it our upcoming trip. We may go to Epcot for an evening if we decide o leave HS early on our second day~ but it is not in our definite plans~ only tentative and will be a decision made that day. We like Epcot ok- but it is definitely at the bottom of our list compared to the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!