which one

supergrrl20

Rio De Tiempo 4ever!
HELP! I can't decide between the Royal Pacific resort or the Portofino!!!!! help!:confused: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Tell us what your on the fence about. What's the important things you look for and must have's in a room ect... Maybe with more info we could give you some insight to better help you get what your looking for.

It's my first time staying at a universal resort i have only stayed at Disney's resorts. i just want to know overall which one is nice. i dont want to stay at a place that catiers to a lot of cooperate functions. to give you an idea of my taste ill tell you my favorite disney resort is the wilderness lodge; very nice and themed well, but also very homey.:bounce:

Now i can give you an opinon.LOL RPH does cater to corporate groups so that might make you rethink them. And that leave PBH. The beauty of this hotel will just knock your socks off. It's themed throughout right down to the Italian marble bathrooms! I love this hotel it's me! I saw a review on the travel channel last night and Samatha Brown picked this hotel as her favorite hotel in flordia that does'nt feel like your in florida>LOL It truely takes you to another place and puts you in a romantic state of mind. After beating the crowds at the park PBH is like coming home. It's cozy quiet and just beatiful.

If you have any more questions please ask. Don't forget if you enjoy club level hotel stays PBH is bring back there's. You may want to ask if it's available for your dates. Last I heard they were still negogiating with the companys for the rights to run club level.

Partyofsix-I am staying at PRH easter week, doyou think will I be overwhelmed with convention goers and smoke.

I really don't think conventions are there thing. They do wedding but not gear towards the convention groups. As for smoke I'm not sure what you mean.

cigarette smoke. Last year I walked in the Swan at Disney and it reeked from cigarette smoke from the conventioners.

This past October GAP held its managers meeting at the Portofino Bay Hotel. When she came back she said the hotel was one of her new favorites and that even with the large group she went with (think upper hundreds maybe a thousand) that the hotel seemed to be not very busy. When I stayed there in 2000 we went during the Spring, during the non-peak times and found the hotel to be desserted at times. We had the main pool to ourselves mid-afternoon on a Saturday! :eek: :D

Whichever resort you decided on will be fantastic! Loews and Universal don't design bad hotels, IMO. But then I am a little biased. ;)

We went to RPH in December when there was a huge travel agent convention. We thought the place was empty because we never saw anyone. It wasn't until the convention was over and families started coming in that the place came alive.

We didn't have any trouble with cigarette smoke and I hate cigaratte smoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter