Which one to book-Contemporary or DL

Linda L.

Mouseketeer
I'm just not sure what to do. I stayed many times at Dixie Landings and loved it, but I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. I've been saving extra money hoping to afford the difference this time. I'm going the end of August and have been hoping for a discount code. Since there's nothing out yet, I've put off registering yet. After reading about SOG moving there, I'm getting a little scared that it could fill up, so I gave in and gave Dreams Unlimited all my information, Disney Club card, American Express card and AAA card and hoped they could find a deal. Well, today I got for 8 nights, POR-$835 or Contemporary-$200l. This is standard room. I wasn't planning on a $1200 difference. I remember last summer seeing the Contemporary for $139 a night in August. Should I book the Contemp and hope for that code, or POR so I don't lose that rate?
Thanks for the input.
Linda

Hi there,
I just experienced a similar dilemma. I wanted to stay at the Contemporary in August however I couldn't find a discount code for then. I decided on Coronado Springs with the Amex discount bringing the room to $835 for 8 nights. I booked today so I could secure the Amex discount on CSR. If some truly great rate at the Contemporary shows up for the same dates then I may consider switching. In the meantime I figured it was better securing a moderate at a discount (that I hadn't stayed in and wanted to try) than paying rack for the Contemporary without certainty of any codes coming out for then. Right now I can't justify another $1200 US (I'm Canadian so the exchange really hurts :rolleyes: )

Boy, that's a tough call. Just how badly do you want to stay at the CR. POR is so well themed for the price. I just switched my July ressies from CR to CBR with the AMEX code. Saved 946. by doing so. The real reason is that I just love the moderate resorts and we have stayed at the deluxes before. I just wasn't getting really excited over the CR ( it's just me, nothing bad about the resort). I kept thinking that for the price I was paying (250.00 with DC code) I should be thrilled to be there. Once I switched to the moderate, my enthusiasm has returned. Basically, what I was going to pay for room only at the Cr is now going to pay for my room and park tickets for 4 at CBR, I also took a long hard look at the pictures on this site and others and I went by what really interested me. I love the leisurely strolls I take at the moderates and the food courts and my husband likes that the rooms open up to the outside not in a lobby. So, if you decide to stick with POR, I can certainly understand.

Nolcrest: Do both the POR and the CBR have rooms that open to the outside (not the lobby)? We are still deciding on which resort, and that would be a defininte perk!

I'd go ahead and book POR and then keep watching for a discount to come out for CR. We were able to get CR for $139 + tax last year for our November trip (AP rate).

Beth

The thing I'm afraid of, is that SOG is moving into the CR. I'm afraid if codes do ever come out, there might not be any rooms there. Meanwhile all the moderates are reopening, so there should be plenty of rooms. I really want to stay at CR, but can't afford that $1200 difference. Then, I think, maybe if I make the reservations for POR, they'll offer me an upgrade at a deluxe. They did last time I went, even though I didn't take the offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter