Which on-site resorts for family of 5???

twinmomto3boys

DIS Veteran
I am trying to convince my husband to stay at a resort other than Disney for the first half of our May trip. This is all new to me because we have always stayed on-site at Disney.

Which on-site Universal resorts accommodate 5 (ages 7,7 and 2)?

Which resort is roomier?

Can you really bypass lines at the parks? How does this work?

What is transportation like to the Universal parks?

Thanks for any info in helping us make a decision!

Welcome to the boards. Your husband will kiss your toes if you drag him to one of these resorts>LOL As for roomy that would narrow you to HRH and PBH then you have to choose if you want Jammin or Italian Paridise. Both are roomy with the largest rooms of the three hotels. I prefer PBH but that a personal choice for us. My kids are 2.5yo x3 and a 10 yo all girls so we are a large bunch. I get two rooms at PBH or a suite. A kids suite would really suit your needs if you want some privacy and so would two rooms for about the same price. Both hotels have great beach pools w/ slides, PBH gives you three pools to choose from. Both are very kid friendly and your kids would have a blast at either of the two. If you go with two rooms that throws RPH back in the game so it's really up to preferences in taste. As for the transportation to the parks, all three offer boat taxi and bus service that is complimentary. HRH is closest and you can sneak behind the pool and be at uso in a matter of minutes. With your crew that's really the only one i'd walk from unless you can do a 10 minute walk with your three kids. As far as FOTL (front of the line asscess) here goes..... you check in at your desired hotel anytime in the morning stow your bags and get a room key boat, bus or walk yourselves to the parks and look for the rides with the yellow EXPRESS signs or ask the ride attendant standing out front where the express line is and flash them your room key card and off you go to the next available, tram, boat, flume, movie, ect...Also the room key acts as a cc while at the parks and don't forget when you make purchases they will deliver them back to your room for you so you can ride away with no worries. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the information Tammy. I think I've talked him into the HRH kids suite. He likes a lot of room. He liked the HRH because I found a picture of the kids suite and I couldn't find one of the PBH. He is easier to persuade with visuals. ;)

So do you know if I can request a certain area for a room? And if so, what's best? The kids love swimming and I think they would like the underwater music. What is the children's pool like at HRH?

By the way, mothers of triplets are my heroes. :cool:

Robin

Thanks for the kind words Robin. As for HRH kid suites the ones at PBH are just like them, you can get a bunk bed or two twins. I really can't help you with much at the HRH as I've never stayed there. The pools are basically very similar and both are exteremly nice. I know that PBH offers two hot tubs with waterfalls and if you stand under the waterfalls you get a very nice back massage.LOL Maybe someone else could help you with HRh suggestions. If you guys like a lot of room esp. becuase discounts are normally not give on the suites you may want to price your room choices x 2 it may work out less expensive and you'd have TWO bathrooms which would be really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!