Which Ohana ADR time would you choose?

PaNaKaNi

Earning My Ears
Hi! I’m hoping some of you can help me decide on which Ohana ADR to make - 7:30pm or 8:30pm. I’m hoping to see HEA which is scheduled at 9:15pm. I’ve heard that Ohana sometimes runs late in seating around these times - how long have you waited past your ADR? How long does dinner usually last? Do they force you out at the end of dinner or can you take your time with the dessert and coffee and possibly wait for HEA? Is it better to watch HEA from the restaurant or from the Poly beach? Would you choose 7:30 or 8:30pm?

I would choose 7:30 and plan to watch them from the beach and not the restaurant. It’s not uncommon for Ohana to be running behind (meaning you’d be seated later than your ADR and probably even more so if others linger to see the fireworks). If you don’t have a window table (or close enough), you’d have to stand/ move to see the fireworks.

If you book a 7:30 ADR, get seated a little late, and get a table with a good view then maybe stay put. If you book an 8:30 ADR and they’re running late, you’ll be sitting in the lobby.

I'd take the 7:30 ADR. Ohana usually takes an hour for us and sometimes we don't get seated at the ADR time. I would plan to head to the beach as you might be seated on the other side of the restaurant away from the windows. It you are next to the windows, you can leisurely have your dinner and dessert, but they won't kick you out.

I would choose 7:30 and plan to watch them from the beach and not the restaurant. It’s not uncommon for Ohana to be running behind (meaning you’d be seated later than your ADR and probably even more so if others linger to see the fireworks). If you don’t have a window table (or close enough), you’d have to stand/ move to see the fireworks.

If you book a 7:30 ADR, get seated a little late, and get a table with a good view then maybe stay put. If you book an 8:30 ADR and they’re running late, you’ll be sitting in the lobby.
Thank you! I didn't even think about possibly still being in the lobby when HEA goes off!

I'd take the 7:30 ADR. Ohana usually takes an hour for us and sometimes we don't get seated at the ADR time. I would plan to head to the beach as you might be seated on the other side of the restaurant away from the windows. It you are next to the windows, you can leisurely have your dinner and dessert, but they won't kick you out.
Thanks so much! It's good to know that they won't kick us out, but at the same time I do want to be courteous to those waiting to be seated!

Do you think I should try to get an earlier ADR to have more time to get to the beach for the fireworks?

I would try for a 7:00 ADR. Ohana typically runs late in seating people. Plan for an hour to enjoy the meal. Definitely watch from the beach (maybe in a hammock if they're still there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter