Which of these Restaurants...

agavegirl1

DIS Veteran
Would require a reservation and how far in advance?

Staying a Portofino, Seasonal Passes.
Going in October. I will reserve at Finnegans for an early dinner on a HHN night to sit out the "wait". Worked great last time. Other meals are Quick Service and yes, we are going for 7 nights/ 8 days.

Lunches:
Margaritaville
Mythos
Hard Rock Cafe'

Dinners:
Bice
Jakes
The Palm
Antojitos
Cowfish
Emeril's Orlando

The only restaurant we ever book is The Palm as it does get incredibly busy and it`s somewhere we don't want to miss......... maybe you should reserve Bice too.

The rest no need to reserve. You also have preferred seating which helps a lot!!!

We have always walked straight in to Mythos and all the others.

You can however book them all a few days out or the same day and be fine.

Thanks Schumi...I knew I could count on you for the Palms if anything. You go so often and I knew you would know. So Jakes is not an issue? I know you love the place. I won't worry much until I'm there. I will book Bice in advance by maybe a couple of weeks. The Finnigans reservation will be done in advance on Open Table no matter what as we will be going to HHN that night and want to do our wait eating dinner. I know you are not a Disney girl but my ADR day for that particular part of the trip is Sunday. I will wait for certain cuisines until Universal. I love long trips with a lot of time at both resorts. I thought I outgrew WDW but there is still a princess in here somewhere.

Thanks Schumi...I knew I could count on you for the Palms if anything. You go so often and I knew you would know. So Jakes is not an issue? I know you love the place. I won't worry much until I'm there. I will book Bice in advance by maybe a couple of weeks. The Finnigans reservation will be done in advance on Open Table no matter what as we will be going to HHN that night and want to do our wait eating dinner. I know you are not a Disney girl but my ADR day for that particular part of the trip is Sunday. I will wait for certain cuisines until Universal. I love long trips with a lot of time at both resorts. I thought I outgrew WDW but there is still a princess in here somewhere.

I hear you........even though we don’t go to Disney, I still know it’s a fabulous place to go and puts on a good show on most things it touches........:thumbsup2

Yes, you don’t need to book Jake’s.......it can be busy and you won’t wait long even then......we’ve never had a wait there........and food is so good!!! I would actually wait for a table there.......::yes::

Mythos is one you may want to do a couple of days ahead too as it’s somewhere you really want to eat in. Although we have always been lucky and never waited beyond 10 minutes, some have had waits.......

Sounds like a fabulous trip.....and yes, longer trips are wonderful for you being able to fit in all these lovely restaurants..........:D

The only time I have had reservations is when I have a group of 8-10 peeps

HRC, Margaritaville were ones I have had

Mythos I do walk up
If there is a wait, I have my name on the list and return at the given time

Some peeps make reservations the morning of or day before

Not sure how Finnegans will do reservations during hhn period

Year before last, 3:30 was last seating with a ressie

I had to go to Finn before noon and stand in line until noon to make that reservation for that day

No idea how it was last year

I went to finnegans with a friend and we ate at finnegans around 10 that night during hhn

No wait to be seated

Well, I haven't been to HHN since 2014. I made reservation for 3:45 on Open Table. No clue how that will work this time.

Things seem to change each year with hhn

How it was in the past years, might be different this year

If you made a reservation through open table and it does not list availablity after 3:45, my guess is that is their cut off time to make a ressie on a hhn date

Many used to go to Finnegans at 4:15 or 4:30 and wait for a table or have a ressie for that time period

And the peeps would eat and then just sit at the table until they were released for hhn

Complaints happened so Finnegans changed the reservation set up

Last time I did Finnegans prior to hhn evening, could only get a 3:45 one and had to make it the day of by standing in line before noon to secure it

So stopped doing Finnegans and last year did Lombards with keishashadow and spouse
They did a last seating at 3:45 but we were able to stay there until a bit after 5 that Friday

We were not rushed at all by the staff
Able to sit after we ate and have drinks

If you do Finnegans, hope you can take your time and be able to hold your table as long as you want

I like their food
Last year Robo and I had a late dinner around 9:45 there
Plenty of tables for walk ins

Yes, I also seemed to recall that Finnegan's stopped taking reservations during that end of day period when they switched over to a holding area. I remember trying to get one in 2015 and there was nothing available. I thought I was late and it was booked up, but they weren't accepting them at all.

I called a few years back for a Finnegan reservation prior to HHN and was told they didn’t offer any on HHN nights. This was back in 2015, but I’m not sure if they offer them now either.

Margaritaville and Cowfish don’t offer reservations but the only time I’ve seen either have a wait is a Sat night.

You can make reservations on Opentable for Bice, The Palm, Emerils, and Jakes. I would make them just in case, but I’m sure not all of them get really busy. Hard Rock Cafe might be on Opentable too, but I’m not sure.

You can also reserve Mythos and Anjoitos over Universal’s system by calling. We walked into Anjoitos on our last trip so I don’t think you need one for that. As for Mythos we’ve never been there when there isn’t a huge wait for those without reservations so I’d book that. You can only book those about 25-30 days ahead.

Last year we had a reservation for a group of 10 at hard rock
cafe on a Saturday night

Was the Columbus day weekend

They take ressie for weekends when it is a large group

Can someone please confirm if the full service dining plan also covers locations like restaurants in your hotel, i.e. Palm, or if instead its just US, IOA and Citywalk? Thank you!

Also, I love the fact that my trip is less than 4 weeks away and I haven't given a single thought as to where, what or when we are going to eat.

Can someone please confirm if the full service dining plan also covers locations like restaurants in your hotel, i.e. Palm, or if instead its just US, IOA and Citywalk? Thank you!

Also, I love the fact that my trip is less than 4 weeks away and I haven't given a single thought as to where, what or when we are going to eat.

I’ve never used any dining plan, but I’m sure I’ve seen folks complain they can’t use them in the onsite hotels.

Im having internet issues and can’t pull up the uo site for the full dining plan

Call uo and they will list the places the full plan includes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter