Which month?

ashnicole

Mouseketeer
Hey DISers! My sister and I need some help planning when we should go to WDW and would love some of your advice! We are frequent Disneyland go-ers but have only been to Disney World twice.
We were originally going to go the first week of December but we most likely have to move it to the summer or fall. We went June 14-21 last year and October 6-13 the year before that. We are Californians and while both times we thought it was hot, it was not unbearable (okay, it was hot! There were a couple of days we had to stop and rest in the shade for a while). Also, looking at crowd calendars for those times this year it says they are both red or orange, but we didn't think the crowds were too bad with the right planning.
The crowd calendars I have looked at say mixed things about the times we are looking at going.

Which one is better? Mid August, early September (after Labor Day), or mid-late October? August would be easier for us, but is it really that bad crowd-wise? And how different is it compared to mid June?
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
we went september after labor day. Parks were very manageable, crowds were light. But it did rain every single day. Sometimes just for a couple minutes in the mid day. Sometimes for the entire afternoon which just made it even more humid then it already was.

The weather for all three would be similar. The crowds the week after Labor Day are the lowest of the entire year.

100% AFTER Labor Day. August is still quite hot and humid, and crowded. Early October is also a great time to go. I'd avoid late October, if that includes Halloween day specifically. MNSSHP will make for a very heavy crowd situation.

Hey DISers! My sister and I need some help planning when we should go to WDW and would love some of your advice! We are frequent Disneyland go-ers but have only been to Disney World twice.
We were originally going to go the first week of December but we most likely have to move it to the summer or fall. We went June 14-21 last year and October 6-13 the year before that. We are Californians and while both times we thought it was hot, it was not unbearable (okay, it was hot! There were a couple of days we had to stop and rest in the shade for a while). Also, looking at crowd calendars for those times this year it says they are both red or orange, but we didn't think the crowds were too bad with the right planning.
The crowd calendars I have looked at say mixed things about the times we are looking at going.

Which one is better? Mid August, early September (after Labor Day), or mid-late October? August would be easier for us, but is it really that bad crowd-wise? And how different is it compared to mid June?
Thanks in advance!!

Mid August will probably be a little less crowded than mid June, however the heat and rain will be worse (that won't change though for Sept. either, but possibly better weather wise for October.) The least crowded would be right after LD, but like I said mid Aug. won't be any more crowded than mid June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts