Which Monorail Resort for 1 Night?

jaiminee krikit

DIS Veteran
My family and I are coming down to WDW in August. The majority of our trip we'll be at POFQ, my absolute favorite resort. We typically do a dessert party while we're at WDW, but DH and DD16 have gotten burnt out on them. I was trying to think of something special and different for this stay and got to thinking.... I want to head down a day early and stay at a monorail resort for just one night at the beginning of our trip. We have never stayed at any of them, but dine at one of them every trip.

Our party is me, DH, DD16, and her friend (17). I imagine we'll arrive early afternoon, so stuff to do at the resort is important (we will not be going to a park that night). DD is not a big swimmer, but would be happy sitting by a pool for a few hours soaking up some rays with her friend. DH and I are not drinkers at all. DD and DH are not adventurous eaters, but her friend and I are somewhat. DD loves Basin at the GF, so a visit there would be nice. I would love to try the breakfast buffet at The Wave, and I think everyone in my party would enjoy that. DD would HATE dinner at O'hana, Kona would be a maybe, or I was thinking The Wave for dinner, too (or is that overkill?) We love 1900PF, but I don't want to spend tooooo much on dinner that night. And I think we'll go to the Poly to watch HEA from the beach.

But anyway, down to the main purpose of my post - which monorail resort should we stay at for one night? The next day is our MK day, and we'll have Bell Services transfer our luggage to POFQ. I've always dreamt of staying at the CR, DD has always dreamt of staying at the GF, DH doesn't care. A big part of me wants to surprise DD with a night at the GF, but I'm not sure if she'd be able to leave lol! This is a trip to celebrate my 40th birthday, so part of me really wants to stay at the CR as a gift to myself. We would consider the Poly, too, but I'd rather stay in a DVC studio if we do that, but that really makes me nervous. Help please!

I would also vote for the CR. It is the only resort where you can walk to the MK. No need for a Bus, boat or even the Monorail. For dinner you might consider a quick dinner at Captain Cooks (QS) at the Poly followed by watching HEA from the beach at the Poly.

Dave

I would do Contemporary Theme Park view room. You can relax on your balcony and watch the fireworks that night, it's a really special experience. They have a TV channel for the music. I think the pools there aren't as crowded as the other two hotels so it would be easier to find a chair to lounge in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter