Which Moderate Resort to Stay?

mm6mm6

DIS Veteran & Disney Nut
Hmmmm. We stayed six nights last June at the Caribbean Beach Resort and just loved it. We had a waterfront room and the one of seven pools right by our room was warm and uncrowded. We are planning a return in August 2003. Just to change for the sake of change, we are looking at the other moderate resorts. Which would you suggest besides the CBR? In the brochures, the CBR is noted for having the seven pools and the 45 acre lake. I thought the other moderates only had one pool but I think I am wrong. Are there more than one pool at the other resorts? Is there a lake at any of them? Thanks in advance fellow Disney addicts!!!

Port Orleans Riverside is our favorite resort. There are five (I think) quiet pools (no theme) scattered around the resort, and they're wonderful. I've never been in the main pool!

There are two sections, each with its own "look and feel". The landscaping is just beautiful.

Beth

Oops--forgot to include links to the pictures! I have two albums of photos at webshots with some pictures of hotels we stayed at this time. Just look through until you come to PO Riverside!

Album 1
and
Album 2

I also have some at www.ofoto.com. These haven't been captioned yet, and some of them are family pictures (DH and FIL), but there are some nice pictures of the grounds.

The Mansions
and
Alligator Bayou

Hi mm6mm6,

CSR has 4 pools. The main pool area called the Dig Site (themed as an archelogical dig) and 3 quiet pools. It also has one largest hot tub on WDW property.

CSR has a lake though it is not as large as the lake at CBR.

Check out my website below for info and photos.

While I love Coronado Springs and it has a very fun pool it has a little bit of a similar feeling to CBR. I would suggest POR since you want a bit of a change. It has plenty of pools and we loved the Bayou section.

Our favorite is now Port Orleans French Quarter! We love the intimacy of the resort. The pool is very nice, and you will also have access to the 5 other pools at PO-R. There is a boat that runs between the 2 resorts, as well as to Downtown Disney in the evenings.

We loved the food court, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The grounds were gorgeous, and we loved being on the river. You can rent water craft and bikes over at the levee at PO-R. We never had a wait for a bus, and found the bus system from here to be the best of any, except perhaps the Contemporary.

It is quite different from CBR, but in a good way!

Hi. I was thinking the same thing as you. We stayed at CBR last summer and loved it! We wanted to try something different this year and ended right back with the CBR. I really wanted to stay at CSR until we found out that they usually don't participate in the discounts that disney offers. I don't know the whole truth in this. However, I was also considering POR, but I wondered if it was to grown up for my children. Good luck in finding a resort!:sunny:

When we stayed at CSR in May 2002 we got it for 84.00 a night. but when we returned in October, CSR didn't participate in the discounts. That was the first time they didn't in 5 stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter