• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which loop and why

dalepool

<font color=#000080>Member of Poopie's AK mini-mee
We will be staying preferred site late jan-middle feb. ffor total of atleast 21 days. Any suggestions on which loop I should ask far and why. I'll have in park transportation --my bike---. I'm thinking the loops 100 and 200 maybe great as they are close to the marina, beach, stables, and eating establishments. I have been known to just people watch so thought those two loops would be OK. Thanks PattyN We stayed FW in '93 I think it was loop 1000---almost right across from the store. OK site but we were a ways away from bus system and marina. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

When we go to FW we stay at either the 800 loop (which is not preferred) or at the 400 loop (which is preferred). I really like the 400 because there is a lot of shade. Most sites are very well shaded. My sister was there in 98 and stayed at the 100 loop. She said that most sites were in full sun for most of the day.

We take our dogs with us so it would be 300 preferred pet because it's close to the marina or 1600 non preferred pet because it's within walking distance of the Meadow. We usually stay in 1600.

Thank you for the information. CRO has us down for the 1400 loop. How do you feel about that loop? After reading the info here I'm leaning for the 100 or 400 loops. I have never been to WDW in winter months so I'm wondering if sunshine will be welcome since the temp out side should be at best moderate. Thanks again PattyN

Patty,
We have stayed in many loops over the years. We like 100 or 200 for Jan when we don't need the pool as much, mainly for the same reasons you mentioned, close to marina and settlement. When we go in the summer we also like 1400. It is close to meadows pool, trading post, and campfire program. Other loops are nice too, and I'm sure you will get as many different answers as you get replies. You can't go wrong with any loop you have mentioned. Hope this helps, Val:wave: :bounce: :wave: :bounce: :wave:

I think the 700 loop is the best in Fort Wilderness, and the best spaces begin at 725 and go up from there. It is close to Pioneer Hall and the boats, but is also easy walking distance to the evening campfire and movies. The only concern, if you have young children, is that they must cross the main road to use the showers and bathroom.

We just got back. I think that we have had the best site in the entire campground! We were in the 1400 loop right across from the comfort station. (#1437). It was a short walk to the pool, trading post, and movie. There is a small wooded area behind the site so it acts as a buffer between us and the next site. It was a longer walk to the boat but still faster than waiting for a bus to take us there. We also noticed that there was A LOT of standing water around FW (because of all of the rain in the past month or so) but none buy us. It was a little hard to back into since there's a fence on the other side of the road. We have a full size van and the trailer is 30ft. Just our opinion but we LOVED it. When we go back, we're going to ask for that site by # even though we know that they don't guarentee it! Diane

Thanks for the ideas on camp loops---Now that just sounds funny----. We are thinking maybe in the 100 or 200 loops as we will be close to the settlement. Not sure if being by the pool would be an advantage as sounds like it can get cold in the winter months. anything above 60---with the sun out---will be great weather. I just hate the gloomy winters of the northwest, I also hate the drive but will do it to stay for 3 weeks at WDW.

PattyN

Originally posted by MLouise
We take our dogs with us so it would be 300 preferred pet because it's close to the marina or 1600 non preferred pet because it's within walking distance of the Meadow. We usually stay in 1600.

Are there any sites you would recommend? We are staying in the 300 loop for the first time in December. Always before we have been in the 1600 loop but decided to try a preferred loop this time. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter