Which is the best week in Sept for crowds?

BlueFairy

DIS Veteran
Hi. We're getting a late in the game chance to go to WDW in Sept. Please tell me which is the best week as far as weather and low crowds. We've been at Labor Day before and it was nice, but still very hot. I'd also like to go when we have the best chance of seeing anything new or avoiding ride rehabs. We haven't been planning a trip for some time, so I haven't kept up with these boards. Also, convention traffic at the resorts isn't a concern for us because we'll be off-site.
THANKS!

September is pretty good all the way through, except for Labor Day. After that, you're free and clear to enjoy WDW at it's most fun - practically empty!

Two years ago we went the last week in September. The longest lines we encountered were for Buzz (15 mins) in the middle of the day, the Great Movie Ride (20 mins) in mid-afternoon and Peter Pan (25 mins) around 11am. Just Fastpass the rare September long line and you'll never want to go at any other time.

It is just as hot as August, though, so be prepared for big time heat and humidity, and the daily afternoon thunderstorm.

IMHO, it's the best time of year to go, if you can handle the heat.

We were there the 2nd week of Sept. last year. There were no lines at all for the mornings and very short lines in afternoon. It was magical for us. It was overcast most of our trip and we just snuck inside a few times to cool off. We were on our first trip and did a great deal of planning but with the loww attendance we saw Everything we wanted to see! I'd never go any other time. Just carry your disposable raincoat!

As far as crowds - the later the better.

As far as the weather, it's summer until about mid-December, so no real factor.

I'm in agreement with the other posts--any week but Labor Day week is fine. Thru the years we've gone in Sept. and at various times, all of those non-Labor Day weeks. Mostly the same--pretty manageable crowds, hot (but not oppressive) weather, a few stray thunderstorms.
Can't help with ride rehab, as that always changes annually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter