Which is the best weather app WFTV or WESH?

I like WFTV and follow them on Twitter. WFTV was tweeting out Heat Advisories/Alerts early this morning well before the Warning was posted on TPAS.

They are equally poor. There is no magic forecasting site that has a good record. Best you can do is to monitor actual conditions on any weather site (The Weather Chanel recognizes Walt Disney World as a location) and use that as a guideline as to what you might experience.

I vote neither too.
I use something that tracks up to the minute data the best.
I like Dark Sky. It notifies me, usually about 15 minutes out, about rain, it's intensity and duration.
I get the alert on my phone and on my watch. It reads your exact location so you won't get a notice for the AK area if you are at MK, for example, since what is happening at one can be unrelated to what is happening at another, at times.

I was just reminded, via an alert that lightening was detected within 15 miles, that the app platform one of our local providers uses is pretty good too. It works great in Disney too, since it also works off location. Not sure if any of the local stations use the same platform or not. I'll look at the and see if they appear to be the same. I know it's not developed by our station, they just put their logo on it. Any station that buys it could do the same. It's a great app for notifications about incoming storms. And I like the current radar better than Dark Skies. Their radar is bad. Only their current info is good.

ETA - I'm wrong. Evidently our local station developed the app themselves. Or it says they did at the bottom of the app. I would have sworn it was just their logo overlaid on top of form data.

Last edited:
We’re at WDW now. Brutally hot, but I am told by my DS that it is equally oppressive back at home in the Philly suburbs. Typical July weather. Grin and bear (bare?) it.

I have used Accuweather for several years. Nothing is concrete but it has worked the best for me.

Last edited:

I vote neither too.
I use something that tracks up to the minute data the best.
I like Dark Sky. It notifies me, usually about 15 minutes out, about rain, it's intensity and duration.
I get the alert on my phone and on my watch. It reads your exact location so you won't get a notice for the AK area if you are at MK, for example, since what is happening at one can be unrelated to what is happening at another, at times.

I was just reminded, via an alert that lightening was detected within 15 miles, that the app platform one of our local providers uses is pretty good too. It works great in Disney too, since it also works off location. Not sure if any of the local stations use the same platform or not. I'll look at the and see if they appear to be the same. I know it's not developed by our station, they just put their logo on it. Any station that buys it could do the same. It's a great app for notifications about incoming storms. And I like the current radar better than Dark Skies. Their radar is bad. Only their current info is good.

ETA - I'm wrong. Evidently our local station developed the app themselves. Or it says they did at the bottom of the app. I would have sworn it was just their logo overlaid on top of form data.
Thanks, I was going to say I never heard of Dark Sky.

Weatherbug is my favorite. They have several weather stations on property. I usually use the Epcot one since its so centralized. I like their Spark Lightning advisory feature...very handy in Orlando.

I also use Dark Sky. It's very accurate and also includes UV levels. It came in very handy in the parks this past June.

Add me to the group that has voted for Dark Sky. It is the best weather APP I have ever used. It's notifications are accurate and as someone with fair skin it is easy to find UV Index data in real-time.

If you want storm/lightning warnings, Storm Shield is a good app.

Otherwise, honestly, it's going to rain every day, usually around the same time. The storm WILL contain lightning, so get inside. Heat at this time of year is brutal, and adding in the humidity (it is absolutely possible to hit 100% humidity in Florida even when it's not raining) means that you basically need to treat every day through late September as if there's a heat advisory.

Ok those who suggested Dark Sky. I see 2 apps one is Dark Sky for 3.99 Is this the one? There is also a free one called Dark Skies

I downloaded the Dark Sky app and it is awesome! Last night it said rain starting in one minute and today heavy rain starting in 25 minutes, both times it was right on target.
I'm amazed at how accurate it has been so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter