which is the best company to rent scooters from

These kind of questions will find better answers HERE on the disABILITIES Forum.

which is the best company to rent scooters from
We had a great experience with Care Medical. Reasonable price, perfect scooter, and good customer service. It was waiting at our Disney resort when we arrived, and we left it for them at Bell Services upon our departure. No hassles.

whatever scooter will meet your needs, there is a list on the Disbard board you can call and or go on to there website and look at what they have.

We had a great experience with Care Medical. Reasonable price, perfect scooter, and good customer service. It was waiting at our Disney resort when we arrived, and we left it for them at Bell Services upon our departure. No hassles.

FYI... Care Medical closed their business this past spring. I don't know if they were bought by Orlando Medical Rentals, or simply had a business deal to direct their customers there. I've read good feedback about medical equipment rentals from OMR but I haven't read much specifically about ECV rentals. I haven't personally used either company so I can't give a first-hand review.

FYI... Care Medical closed their business this past spring. I don't know if they were bought by Orlando Medical Rentals, or simply had a business deal to direct their customers there. I've read good feedback about medical equipment rentals from OMR but I haven't read much specifically about ECV rentals. I haven't personally used either company so I can't give a first-hand review.
I have used Care in the past. But it looks like Orlando medical Rentals is not a preferred vendor. They can not drop it off at bell services and must arrange a drop off and pick up time

I have used Care in the past. But it looks like Orlando medical Rentals is not a preferred vendor. They can not drop it off at bell services and must arrange a drop off and pick up time

That's true. At this point, there are only 4 "featured providers" allowed to utilize Bell Services at the WDW resorts. Care Medical was on the featured list but since they closed that slot hasn't been replaced as of yet.

Admittedly, we haven't had to arrange pickup/dropoff for a while, since I own my personal mobility device now, but even before I got Angus (my scooter) I *preferred* to meet the vendor, simply to make sure that I got any questions answered, and to get a first-person look at the equipment before it was dropped off.

It's not really a big deal, and if you plan properly, it shouldn't take away from your vacation too much more than an hour, total.

We used Apple, easy to book. Was waiting at the hotel when we got there, battery life was good, and we just left it at the front of the hotel when we departed for home.

I've used Buena Vista in the past and will be using them again this January. They also drop off and pick up the scooter at the resort. Had a problem with a scooter that was taken care of within an hour. (Original scooter had a bad battery - brought me a whole new scooter where I was in the park - didn't have to worry about trying to get it to the front to meet them.)

Another plus with Buena Vista is that they are a "Friend of the DIS". So they offer a free accessory if you rent through the link at the bottom of wdwinfo.com. I took advantage of it to get a free cup holder during my rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter