Which is quicker?

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
Will it be quicker for us to do pre-registration, park and walk from King's Inn (google estimates a 13 minutes walk) or park at Mickey and Friends and take the tram?

I would pre-register and walk, mainly to save $$$ on parking. Mickey and friends can have a bit of traffic getting out depending on what time you are leaving the garage. Toy Story is a much closer lot if you wanted the absolute fastest way to get to the park.

Last edited:
Definitely walk. It'll take at least as long (if not longer) to get into/out of M&F plus it'll cost you $20 to park there. Even if it takes 20 minutes to walk, I'd still avoid M&F.

I agree with everyone to walk. At the end of the day you can always Uber, which will probably be less $ than parking at one of the Disneyland parking lots. Only caveat I have is that the security lines at Harbor Blvd. may be longer than the ones at the parking structure, which will add to your time.

If you feel stressed for time and want to speed it up, grab and uber or lyft after the check in

Will it be quicker for us to do pre-registration, park and walk from King's Inn (google estimates a 13 minutes walk) or park at Mickey and Friends and take the tram?

I don't know if it is quicker or not, but I know at the end of your day, your feet will thank you for parking and taking the tram.

Thank you all for your advice! I'll let you know what we ended up doing! Two more days!!

Another vote to just walk. Its an easy walk, and by the time you drive to the parking lots (either one), get parked, get through security if at M&F, then loaded on tram/bus, you'll have spent the same 15 minutes. Bonus point about the walk: 7-11 bottled water is cheaper than at the parks, so you can get your hydration on the way!

Walk. Mickey and friends can take a long time sometimes and its expensive and not even that close. Plus at the end of the night taking the tram to Mickey and Friends is a nightmare compared to walking.

I ended up dropping everyone off in the drop off area and going to the hotel myself, then meeting them by the turnstiles. Worked great! Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter