Which is better to waitlist at HHI, Studio or 1 BDRM?

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
We have a waitlist for a 2 bdrm unit at HHI, but we want to put in one more just to better our chances. Which unit is more likely to come open; a Studio or 1 Bdrm? I know the Studios at HHI are very limited, but that would stand the same for 1 Bdrms then as well, right?

There are the same number of Studios and 1-Bedrooms (21 of each) at HHI and all are part of 2-Bedroom lock-offs.

We have a waitlist for a 2 bdrm unit at HHI, but we want to put in one more just to better our chances. Which unit is more likely to come open; a Studio or 1 Bdrm? I know the Studios at HHI are very limited, but that would stand the same for 1 Bdrms then as well, right?

I just spent a month stalking the member website watching for rooms to open at HH. I would say the one bedroom is most likely from what I observed.

We did a cash stay because I was a little short on points, so after booking one night cash in a one bedroom and one night points in a two bedroom, it became obvious I wasn't going to easily match the two days, so about a week or so out I switched to all cash in a one bedroom. One bedrooms kept popping open, but not that many 2 bedrooms, and almost no studios.

I could have gotten anything I wanted with cash, (but not necessarily with the cash discount).

I agree with a 1 BR. Mostly because the 2 different sizes have the same capacity, 4 people, yet studios are so many fewer points. So studios are more desirable. One day when we were at the front desk, a couple came up to see if they could extend their stay. We were surprised to hear that although they had 1 BRs available, both studios and 2 BRs were sold out!

Popped on DVCmember.com this morning and a studio was open July 5-8!!:cool1: Now I have a stuido and 2 bdrm waitlisted for the 4th. If it doesn't come thru, thats ok, at least we will be settled for the rest of the weekend.

Popped on DVCmember.com this morning and a studio was open July 5-8!!:cool1: Now I have a stuido and 2 bdrm waitlisted for the 4th. If it doesn't come thru, thats ok, at least we will be settled for the rest of the weekend.
Wow that's amazing! We've been waitlisted for a studio for July 21st-July 26th for four months with no luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter