• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel next to Disneyland is best for 5 people?

shades

DIS Veteran
We are going 30 Jun-4 July and we typically stay the the Best Western Park Place Inn. Disneyland resorts are more than we want to pay and I'm interested in learning about other hotel options that are within walking distance to the park entrances. The Best Western Park Place Inn is "ok" - although the free continental breakfast they offer is awful (based on our last 2 experiences).

Anybody have any tips/advice for other hotels in that area that will sleep 5 (2 adults, dd14, dd15, dd17) - need 2 beds & sofa bed.

TIA!

You could try the Anabella hotel, they have rooms that can sleep 5. Queen in an alcove and King in the mainroom.

1. Fairfield Inn -- it is a further walk than the Park Place Inn, but not too far. You can get a room with 2 Queen beds and a sofa sleeper (only sleeps 1). We have stayed there many times and it is a nice hotel. There is no free breakfast, but McDonald's and Mimi's and Millie's are next to the parking lot.

2. Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites -- they have several room options, including rooms with 2 beds, and then a separate sitting area with a sofa bed that sleeps 2. The nice things is they are actually 2 separate rooms with doors and their own TV's. They also have a bigger one with 2 bedrooms and the sitting area. It is not a fancy hotel, but it was clean, close, and pretty cheap. They have a free continental breakfast -- it was not big, but they did have a milk/juice dispenser that we used.

We've stayed at the Anabella and it was fine. Are you sure you want to be walking distance?

Our last stay we were at the Marriott Residence Inn Garden Grove. They have family suites that sleep up to eight, plus free breakfast. It's not the most amazing place in the world, but we had a nice stay for a great price and no complaints. Right outside the front door of the hotel is an ART stop. It's about a 5-10 minute ride on the ART from the hotel to Disneyland and back. It's really cheap, like $3 for an adult, free for kids under 10 per day to ride. The hotel can give you specifics on it. It was really easy, cheap and convenient transportation, although the last one out at closing is always crowded. We much prefer it to walking to and from Disneyland--at the end of the day after walking miles, it really feels like a hike to get back to the hotel if you're staying off-site.

Also try the Best Western Park Place Inn - they have mini-suites. Howard Johnson is great if you want a nice pool area, too. Most properties across the street accommodate 5 people & you can walk to the parks in about 5 minutes. Go to the stickies thread at the top for a map of the Good Neighbor hotels

If you are willing to stay a bit further away (and use a shuttle) you could also look into the embassy suites. We will be staying in a suite there in april (high season) and we are paying $119 a night for 6 people, breakfast and afternoon "managers reception" included.

shades said:
We are going 30 Jun-4 July and we typically stay the the Best Western Park Place Inn. Disneyland resorts are more than we want to pay and I'm interested in learning about other hotel options that are within walking distance to the park entrances. The Best Western Park Place Inn is "ok" - although the free continental breakfast they offer is awful (based on our last 2 experiences).

Anybody have any tips/advice for other hotels in that area that will sleep 5 (2 adults, dd14, dd15, dd17) - need 2 beds & sofa bed.

TIA!
We'Ve stayed at the Quality main gate now Clairion ,and Park Inn within the last 5 years.Clarion is a loong walk. Park Inn is right across Harbor.Your choice. :cool2:
P.S. these were suites. A little cramped at Clarion ,beau coup room at Park Inn. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all of the responses! I've decided to go with the Best Western Park Place Inn because it is right across the street and I KNOW how tired we are while walking back to the hotel. Funny how there is so much more bounce in our steps while heading to the park then there is on the way back.

Anyway, I got a mini-suite room for $143/nt (military discount) and it works well for us. We have stayed there 4 or 5 times in the past. I did find the same room last year for $129 (manager's special) right before we left for DL - so, I'll keep checking the rates to see if I can get it a bit cheaper. We definitely do want to stay within walking distance. We don't like to depend on shuttle busses.

We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn before and the rooms are nice enough - but, it is quite a hike after a long day in the park. Funny how we can walk for 10 hours in a park with no problems - but, once we walk out of the gate, we are exhausted!

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter