• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel before OKW?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We're arriving late Saturday night and want to stay somewhere else, before we check into OKW the next morning. We also want to be able to go from the hotel, to a grocery store, then on to OKW. I was thinking one of the values would probably be just as cheap as off-site. And there's just 2 of us, so the smaller room size of the values isn't an issue. But are the All Stars or Pop more convenient to get to a grocery store the next morning?

Hi. I have often stayed at PO-Riverside because it is literally next door to OKW and also close to the Lake Buena Vista area from where I get to the grocery store (I use the Winn Dixie). While Riverside is more expensive than a Value it is very convenient and beautiful in its own right. I get up early and check into OKW and then we head over with all our stuff. I have had them give me a ready room as early as 8am!

The Value will be less expensive (more $ for OKW souvenirs!) but a bit farther out. I get lost on WDW property and at Riverside even I can find my way to OKW while my family sleeps. :)

There are decent deals to be had along 535, not far from Goodings and Winn Dixie, but still convenient to the rest of The World. You might also investigate some of the places on Hotel Blvd, which are also more convenient to the stores than other resorts on Disney property. And, if you want, you can stroll over to the Marketplace in your free time to snoop around and get a "Disney fix." :goodvibes

We use the All Stars they are our favourite resorts on property or we go to Coronado which is a close second to the All Stars.

We like to pick a restaurant with a breakfast the night before we check in. There is a Sleep Inn on the road that Orange Lake is on, past OL, and then you pass a Publix on the way to OKW. I mention the Sleep Inn because they include the "make your own waffles" as part of the breakfast, and I like waffles.

Bobbi :flower:

Is Orange Lake the big condo community you pass if you come in from #192 from the West? We come down the Turnpike then take #27 (?) into Orlando then follow #192 to Mickey. I have wondered if any of these hotels we pass are nice. The Sleep Inn sounds great... Is it a #192 address so I can find it in my AAA book? Thanks!

colleen costello said:
Is Orange Lake the big condo community you pass if you come in from #192 from the West? We come down the Turnpike then take #27 (?) into Orlando then follow #192 to Mickey. I have wondered if any of these hotels we pass are nice. The Sleep Inn sounds great... Is it a #192 address so I can find it in my AAA book? Thanks!

I asked DH and the Sleep Inn we stayed in was on 192. As far as the other questions go, as we drove away from WDW, which would be on the right, Orange Lake was also on the right and the Sleep Inn was on the left. It was a relatively new building, you can tell that civilization was just reaching that part of the highway, everything was new construction.

I found our records and it's listed as Sleep Inn Maingate, Kissimmee, but believe me, MAINGATE is a huge stretch, we were about to give up and think that we passed it. And just so you are aware, I've not been in a Sleep Inn with a tub, our rooms have always had molded showers. So if a tub is an issue, I would ask.

Bobbi :flower:

I have stayed at Marriott Village which is just under I-4 just past Downtown Disney (which is near OKW). It is close to the Premier Outlet Mall, but it's also close to a really nice Publix grocery. Also, the Winn Dixie is a good store which is close to OKW if you stayed at POR. It is the other direction from DTD.

The Hilton is nice, near everything you want. We usually stay there when we are not at OKW.

Bobbi, thanks! I will tuck that info away. Right now we arrive in the afternoons at WDW, by 3 or 4, so I really enjoy that first night at Riverside or Coronado or wherever. But we have talked about changing our travel plan if necessary in the future -- leaving Indiana after work, driving 5 or 6 hours, spending the night in Tennessee and doing the majority of the drive the second day. This would put us into Orlando at 8 or 9 at night and I wondered where a nice room was just offsite, clean and inexpensive. Your Sleep Inn sounds perfect - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter