Which hotel and actual walking distance to parks?

Tucker24

Mouseketeer
Right now I'm so very confused on where to stay.
Looking at :
Springhill Suites Maingate - Doesn't seem maingate at all. It's located north of Disney Parks by Ball Rd. What is the actual walking distance and is it close to any restuarants/ stores.

Best Western Plus - which is a plus because it's right across from the parks but the rooms look a little run down

Residence Inn Maingate - which looks like a good walking distance but again the hotel looks a little run down.

Courtyard Maingate - looks great and has great pool but looking to go a little cheaper if possible. But if it gets rave reviews will deeply consider

Fairfield Inn - I would love to consider this hotel but right now they say the hotel is all booked up for travel from Dec 1-8

Are the hotels by the convention center around Katella Ave too far?
We are used to walking but and don't mind a 15 minute walk everyday to and from. It would be my husband and I traveling with our two kids who will be 6 and 8

Okay....I will put my toe into the deep end and try not to write indifferent

#1. Fairfield is booked for a reason, but odd that a year out that it is booked, I would try in a few months again, the place is massive and would be my 4th choice of the five listed.
#2 right across the park has it down sides in term of noise and age
#3 Courtyard is brand new of everything listed...so yes...it will not get cheaper as many folks are avoiding the lodgings that are run down
#4, yes, more RIM reports coming in that it is showing its age, but of all the choices, it is the only one that has "vacation" atmosphere where you can relax from the noise.

convention center with children your age is probably a long walk.

So you have to choose, ....walking ..... or brand new lodging..... or adult pool....or expense to have all three.

and walking distance is measured by when your hand can touch disney property...making the convention center walking distance and practically any lodging that has a sidewalk that borders disneyland. So the RMI has the longest distance to touch a sidewalk, but I find it to be pleasant walk.

Right now I'm so very confused on where to stay.
Looking at :
Springhill Suites Maingate - Doesn't seem maingate at all. It's located north of Disney Parks by Ball Rd. What is the actual walking distance and is it close to any restuarants/ stores.

Best Western Plus - which is a plus because it's right across from the parks but the rooms look a little run down

Residence Inn Maingate - which looks like a good walking distance but again the hotel looks a little run down.

Courtyard Maingate - looks great and has great pool but looking to go a little cheaper if possible. But if it gets rave reviews will deeply consider

Fairfield Inn - I would love to consider this hotel but right now they say the hotel is all booked up for travel from Dec 1-8

Are the hotels by the convention center around Katella Ave too far?
We are used to walking but and don't mind a 15 minute walk everyday to and from. It would be my husband and I traveling with our two kids who will be 6 and 8
This a thread from September 2011 Walking distance hotels list
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-list-w-discussion-details-of-hotels.2796786/

On Harbor we like the Tropicana. It's next door to BWPPI. The rates are generally good and the rooms have been remodeled in the past year. Look at their site for special rates, AP, AAA, Military, extended stay and AARP.

Best western park place inn was just remodeled. We like it. Especially the proximity. But they also have a decent breakfast.

I’m guessing Fairfield inn hasn’t even opened up for reservations.

Courtyard inn. Theme park entrance is more expensive because it’s brand new.

You really need to read this thread and decide which category you’re in. https://www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-dlr-area-hotel-for-you.3656512/

In projects there is a saying "you want it done right, done fast and done cheap - pick two!"

The same thing can be applied here - if you want a updated room, that is easy walking distance for a reasonable price - you likely are only going to get two of your three wishes. You are either going to have to accept a room that is not that exciting, pay more or walk more.

I think it depends on what you mean by "looks a little run down". Sometimes rooms can be worn and older but they are clean and fully functional. Most of these places across the street slowly do upgrade their rooms every so many years but at the same time their prices have to creep up along with that. Keep in mind these hotels or motels that are close by (less than 10 minute walk) see a LOT of traffic, so it's a full time job I am sure to keep them in acceptable condition.

The others above though are correct - that post by Hydroguy is excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter