Which home resort? Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge?

Also note, if you go with resale, you won't be able to use those points to stay at the DVC 2.0 resorts such as Rivera or Reflections (unless they change this), they can only be used at the original 14 resorts.

We loved both so much we now own at BOTH!!

CCV we got Direct through Disney
AKV we got resale.

Like @jbh275 said, AKV RESALE is the best bang for your buck.

Cant go wrong with either.

I find Kidani quieter than Jambo house. As far as long hallways, the last 4 stays we requested near lobby and have had luck all 4 times. Also DD found that she really enjoyed visiting with the CM's from Africa. So nice and knowledgeable. Have owned there for years and have never had a bad stay. Good luck with your decision and Welcome Home!

AKV - I love that the bus ride to Animal Kingdom only takes about 5 minutes. We enjoy visiting with the CM's from Africa too. They are almost always willing to stop and talk with you. I don't get that type of interaction from CM's at any other resort. You get access to the pools at both Jambo an Kidani. I think the Kidani pool area is better, as it has a splash area for the little kiddos. I love that the 1br at Kidani has two bathrooms!

WL - CCV - I recently stayed in a 1br and really enjoyed it. I loved being able to boat to MK. There are two pools there as well as a splash area for the little kiddos. I love staying at a place by the water, so I like it for that reason too. I like that you can take a boat over to the Contemporary resort. This allows pretty quick access to their restaurants.

If you plan to go during busy DVC times (fall/christmas) and you want to stay at WL, I would recommend buying there for the home resort advantage. I think those rooms book up pretty quickly during the holiday's. If you ever want a chance at a Club Level room at AKV, then I would recommend buying at AKV. There are very few of these rooms and they go super fast.

Also, try to think out in the future a bit. Once your kiddos are older, would they enjoy AKL as much? Or might they rather be at WL? Just something else for you to noodle on. :)

Very good point about the holidays at WL. Like the previous poster pointed out, rooms at CCV sell out immediately at 11 months for the holidays. Especially this year the first week of Dec.

CCV is one of my home resorts for this specific reason.

Also keep in mind, one of the biggest feature of DVC for myself is that depending on the time of travel, you are not limited to only staying at your home resort. Your home resort only determines 3 things: 1) The price you pay per point, 2) your maintenance fees, 3) the resort you have priority booking at.

You can buy at Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge, and then book at Animal Kingdom, Poly, Boarwalk, or any of the other resorts. Keep in mind, during certain times of the year, it may be harder to book some resorts outside of the priority booking window.

You should hold off on buying until you visit each resort and preferably stay there. Maybe when you go next year stop into each resort and have a good look around. Check out the restaurants and pool areas in person.

Also keep in mind, one of the biggest feature of DVC for myself is that depending on the time of travel, you are not limited to only staying at your home resort. Your home resort only determines 3 things: 1) The price you pay per point, 2) your maintenance fees, 3) the resort you have priority booking at.

You can buy at Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge, and then book at Animal Kingdom, Poly, Boarwalk, or any of the other resorts. Keep in mind, during certain times of the year, it may be harder to book some resorts outside of the priority booking window.
There are some resorts where you are not going to get a studio at seven months out, no matter where. During Fall Frenzy, don't plan on an Epcot resort at all. Same with Run Disney times.

And remember that Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge have different expiration dates and that they are not the same resort even though both are located at Wilderness Lodge. Concierge villas and value villas at Jambo House are not going to fall into your lap at seven months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts