Which festival?

Drea2500

Earning My Ears
My mom and I have always wanted to go to Disney during either the food and wine festival or the flower and garden festival. We ultimately want to do both but we don't know which one to do first.

A little about our trip. The trip will be myself, my husband, our two children, and my mom. If we go to the food and wine festival, my son will be 2.5 and my daughter will be about 10-11 months old. If we do the flower and garden festival, they will be 3 and 15-16 months old (it won't be until 2020 which I know the prices haven't been posted yet). I know it is some time away but I like to start budgeting now to save up for the trip. We plan on staying at the same resort no matter our decision but I was just wondering which would be the best to start with.

Thanks for any input!

I agree. Flower and garden. They have easter egg hunt in showcase for kids that really fun. You don't have to buy the map just look for them in each country. Also fewer booths so not as overwhelming as F&W. Desert violet lemonade is a kid favorite too.

We have done both with children. While I believe both of them are great the Flower and Garden has a bit more to see for kids. With that said, we took our 1 and 3 year olds to the Food and Wine. They liked it and we were able to enjoy the festival. Our kids got more out of the Flower and Garden when a bit older and were a bit more bored at the Food and Wine. Just food for thought. (We go fairly often with our kids because my parents live about 15 minutes from the gate).

We've done both and I love the Flower & Garden. Since I'm such a picky eater I skip most of the booths at the Food & Wine. Seems like there are almost as many foods booths set up for the F&G as there are for the F&W, a lot of them seem semi-permanent now.

I have no opinion on the festivals but you’ll save some $ if you go before your child is 3. No tickets, can share your food on a dining plan, etc :)

We took DS for the first time when he was 14 months old and we went during F&G. It was so much fun! We went back again during F&G this year in May when he was 2. We've done F&W in the past when it was just the two of us, and while we love it, a lot of the events, seminars, tastings, etc. are more targeted towards adults rather than young kids. F&G has the butterfly garden, playground, and topiaries in addition to plenty of food booths. The crowd level in May was not bad either.

Flower and Garden and be sure you have photo pass. It’s absolutely beautiful and photographers are everywhere. Think through clothing choices for those days and you will have priceless photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter