Which DVC hotel to stay at before DCP check in?

waltdisney1901

Earning My Ears
My family is apart of the DVC and was planning on arriving in Florida a couple of days before check-in. What's the best DVC hotel to go to before check-in? Will there be any transportation from the hotel to DCP housing? Does it matter which hotel we choose?

My family is apart of the DVC and was planning on arriving in Florida a couple of days before check-in. What's the best DVC hotel to go to before check-in? Will there be any transportation from the hotel to DCP housing? Does it matter which hotel we choose?
IMO and without knowing the dates and/or other things you want to do in FL, or the number of times you have visited, and that you imply you are flying so that means car rental?
I would be inclined to spend those days on the gulf with a nice beach, maybe serious fishing and sun tanning. If not renting a car my inclination would be to stay on site and probably would find someone on this site to rent from. You can spend a couple of really pleasant days at the resorts

It doesn't matter which resort you stay in. There is no Disney provided transportation to the housing. You are encouraged by Disney to arrive plenty of time before check-in as the time you are given is a very specific and set time. My dd checked in at 8:30am Feb 3 and we arrived the evening of Feb 1. Once you check in, you can move into the apartment and then you will have access to transportation to Traditions, Casting, the parks, etc.

We are also DVC members. If you’ll be living at one of the four original housing complexes, SSR is the closest. If you will be at Flamingo Crossings, then AKV is closest. But all the DVC resorts are fairly close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter