• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which DTD restaurant w/kids?

ThwTwinsMom

Mouseketeer
We plan on going to DTD when we first arrive. We are going to do some shopping and mainly do DQ. We would like to have a nice, early meal there. We figure we will be starved after airplane food for lunch.

I would like suggestions on where to eat dinner. At first glance, it looks like the House of Blues would be our best choice. However, I really don't know what is all there and what will be enjoyed by all of us. My boys will be turning 8 the next day.

Thanks

My DD was younger than your sons will be (she was 4), but we ate at both Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe at DTD, and she loved them both. She loved seeing all the movie memoribilia at PH (particulary Herbie the Lovebug and Woody from Toy Story on the top floor). Rainforest Cafe had a good kids' menu I thought, and of course, the atmosphere is really neat.

We've eaten at both as well and my kids absolutely loved RFC's pizza and of course the volcano dessert. All three of them had to eat it though as it is huge!!

At Planet Hollywood, my kids had burgers/fries/shakes, standard kid fare, lol, and didn't have any complaints but haven't asked to go back either. They loved their merchandise store however and had to have PH shirts.

I think either would be fun. Why not look over the menus at allears.com and pick the one you'd like best??

Rainforest Cafe - tell the server that its you two boys birthday. I bet they will get a surprise.
Also - if you have a rainforest cafe card (Safari card) you do not need PS. Just go up to the podium with your card and you will be seated within 15 minutes. The RFC also has a cute gift shop of animals and such.
The volcano dessert is enoigh for both boys to share. ask for 2 sliver decorations on top -one for each boy. My DS still has his.
RFC very cool place to eat. The Gorilla section is great.

Go to http://www.rainforestcafe.com

write to :
Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
1510 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
and ask for RFC safari card application

or - To speak with a Landry's representative, call 1-800-552-6379

The card is also go at AK.

;)

Another vote for Rainforest Cafe. My three boys love this place.:D

I just wanted to tell you that House of Blues does have a good childrens menu - we went there with our 3 year old.

My favorite location is Rainforest Cafe and a side note about Planet Hollywood is the music is very loud. Which is fine if you are in the mood for that.

If you are going to Disney Quest - House of Blues is directly across from that.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!
:bounce: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :bounce:

We love the Wolfgang Puck Express (the downstairs restaurant). Really good food, and you can eat outside if the weather is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter