Which DIS podcast do you think is the best?

WDW_Ding

Ohana means family.
I only listen to the DIS Unplugged Disney World Edition.

Which other DIS podcasts should I listen to?

Which of the DIS podcasts do you like best?

It really depends on what vacation I am planning at the time. LOL Dis Pop is great when Im tired of planning vacations.
I love them all but I'm a sucker for The Disney Dining Show!

You should have been listening/watching to the Universal Edition! :D
Even if you're not big on Universal, the show's fun.

It's lost some of its silly-ness since it's now a 2 person operation (and i would suggest going back to old shows when Oliver and/or JL was there), but it's still a good time.

I like the "best and worst" and the dining show. But my favorite videos are anything with Craig and Rhyno together vlogging. They are absolutely hilarious!

My absolute favorites are the surprise live streams from in the parks. Nothing is better than having my non verbal due to profound apraxia daughter snuggled up with me in a big comfy chair watching World of Color and seeing her smile. Disney is such a place of magic for us especially since it was on our trip back in 2010 when she was 27.5 months old that she did her first spontaneous communication with someone outside of close family when she signed please to Minnie Mouse and held out her autograph book.

I started listening to the DIS Disney World edition, which had a series on visiting Disneyland several years ago that led me to check out the DIS Disneyland edition and the enthusiasm and great information on both shows inspired my family to take our first Disneyland trip. I honestly was not ever thinking of going there, as a lifelong WDW fan. So thankful for their sharing their love of Walt's original park. I honestly like it as well as Disney World, possibly a little better, and can't want to go back.

I've liked the Disneyland edition podcast best for a while [which is currently on hiatus, though], even though we tend to visit Disney World more. I like the depth of current information - like hotel, dining, attraction reviews, seasonal events, ideas for things to do outside the parks (because passes are limited to 5 days only & there is so much to do to extend a trip beyond that) - they provide. I also like that many of the team "visit" Disneyland (staying at hotels, because they don't live nearby). They sound excited about the park and their enthusiasm (coupled with honesty of course where Disney falls short) is something I appreciate.

I do still listen to the Disney World edition too, but not as consistently. I especially enjoy their special shows like the ones on Aulani, the 7 in 7's, etc. including the fantastic video content that accompanies them often. I'm loving the cruise vlog series Craig and Corey just started. Excellent.

Oh, and the Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast is very good, too. Lots of in depth info, like some excellent shows on Disney Cruiseline that I've listened to in preparation for an upcoming 1st cruise. So helpful! And their trip reports on their recent Asia trip were very interesting.

Oh, and last but not least, Connecting with Walt - the show about Disney history with Michael and Craig. Love that one too! So fun and so well-researched.

Last edited:

I'm gonna sound like such a sunshine pumper, and I promise I try to play it straight, but I really do enjoy all of the shows. And

-I enjoy the Tuesday show because it was the first I listened to and I enjoy chatting with other viewers during the show(though not nearly as much since they switched to YT).

-I enjoy the Dreams show because it probably has more helpful info packed into each show than any other the others.

-I enjoy the "Best/Worst" shows because they remind me of the old "second hour" shows that Dustin used to host. Those were great discussions.

-I enjoyed the Disneyland show because it was so helpful in preparing me for my first DL trip last summer. They know that park inside/out.

-I enjoy the CWW show because I love Disney history, and nobody knows it more thoroughly(and presents it as entertainingly) as Michael Bowling.

-I enjoy the DisPop shows about movies I've seen because they include insights about the movie that I didn't notice or remember.

I don't think these shows are perfect. And I don't think the team's perfect. And they'd be the first to agree. But I think overall, they do a fantastic job.

Also, these shows have been my soundtrack for running each week. I used to listen to music to get me through my runs, but now I listen to "Best/Worst" shows to get me through my short runs, and the Tuesday/Dreams/CWW shows to get me through my long runs. They make the miles go more quickly, thankfully.

I'm gonna sound like such a sunshine pumper, and I promise I try to play it straight, but I really do enjoy all of the shows. And

-I enjoy the Tuesday show because it was the first I listened to and I enjoy chatting with other viewers during the show(though not nearly as much since they switched to YT).

-I enjoy the Dreams show because it probably has more helpful info packed into each show than any other the others.

-I enjoy the "Best/Worst" shows because they remind me of the old "second hour" shows that Dustin used to host. Those were great discussions.

-I enjoyed the Disneyland show because it was so helpful in preparing me for my first DL trip last summer. They know that park inside/out.

-I enjoy the CWW show because I love Disney history, and nobody knows it more thoroughly(and presents it as entertainingly) as Michael Bowling.

-I enjoy the DisPop shows about movies I've seen because they include insights about the movie that I didn't notice or remember.

I don't think these shows are perfect. And I don't think the team's perfect. And they'd be the first to agree. But I think overall, they do a fantastic job.

Also, these shows have been my soundtrack for running each week. I used to listen to music to get me through my runs, but now I listen to "Best/Worst" shows to get me through my short runs, and the Tuesday/Dreams/CWW shows to get me through my long runs. They make the miles go more quickly, thankfully.

What is the "Tuesday Show?"

I listen to all except the Disneyland and Universal editions.

While I very much enjoy and look forward to them all, I LOVE Connecting with Walt for a wide variety of reasons.

One of them is how civli Michael and Craig are when discussing differing views on attractions and changes. (I am all for Muppets in Liberty Square!!!). I also love the vast knowledge and wide variety of topics discussed. I do not visit the Parks very often, and love what a great job the podcast does in making me really feel like I am in the place which is being discussed.

If you read, the Connecting with Walt podcast will also provide you with an extensive reading list!!

I discovered the podcasts just a few years ago and now I can't do my daily runs without listening to one of the Dis podcasts. While I enjoy all of them, I especially look forward to my Tuesday runs, when I have a new Dreams Unlimited podcast and my Wednesday runs for the new DisUnplugged episode.

Can anyone tell me why the podcast is called DISUnplugged?

I get the DIS part, but the Unplugged part isn’t obvious to me....
From what Corey has explained to me, the name came from back in the day when you used to have to sync podcasts manually onto your iPod before the days of wireless sync and streaming. Plug in, sync the newest show, then you unplug and take the DIS with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter