Which deluxe?

Well I’m sold. Animal kingdom it is. We plan on spending a lot of time at the resort so we wanted a nice pool. We are going in June so the pool closure won’t be an issue. I’ll miss seeing the fireworks from our room, but I think it’ll be worth it. Thank you so much everyone for the advice!!
We loved CL at AKL. The CL rooms are on 4th floor with Arusha Savanna views. We requested Zebra Trail because the elevator on that side goes directly down to pool and restaurants. On Kudu Trail you have to walk thru lobby to take another elevator or stairs down.
CL lounge was very nice, and spacious. You have a nice view of lobby. Staff was very nice and we enjoyed the food offerings.

Well I’m sold. Animal kingdom it is. We plan on spending a lot of time at the resort so we wanted a nice pool. We are going in June so the pool closure won’t be an issue. I’ll miss seeing the fireworks from our room, but I think it’ll be worth it. Thank you so much everyone for the advice!!
You can also use the pool at Kidani. There is a shuttle that runs continuously between the two buildings. The Kidani pool has a great children’s splash area.

Great choice! The pool at Jambo house is very nice!

I was definitely thinking about both. They weren’t my top consideration, but both would save us some money. My main concern with animal kingdom was it’s remoteness. I suspect my husband would love Wilderness Lodge. And my 4 year old would love the pool, I’m not sure why I’m having a hard time getting on board with the wilderness lodge.

GF is hands down my favorite. CR is second and WL third. If you like the Grand I think you might like WL. We have found the transportation to be really good and Roaring Forks is a decent QS. Artist Point is a favorite and we travel there for it. IMO the down side is smaller rooms than other MK resorts. I have stayed at Poly many times and it is my least favorite MK resort.

We have not had luck with transportation at AK and find it annoying because we like to pop into MK for an hour or so and leave. Did not like the QS or Boma although love Jiko.

You will love it. We are going back in November and can't wait!

You will not regret staying at AKL. My husband and I went last year, for an adults only trip, and it was wonderful! You son will love seeing the animals and there is so much to do there. It's really not that much father than others. It's all relative to where you are going. And you might not see fireworks from your room, but where else can you stay and see giraffes, zebras, and other animals, from your balcony. You won't miss the fireworks at all.

We loved our AKL stay- still my sons favorite vacation and that was a decade ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter