Which days to go during the week of Jan 27-31?

Jaime76

Earning My Ears
We are coming from Australia for our first Disney vacation and I'm super overwhelmed at the moment trying to take in all the information.

I assumed week days would be less busy but now I see sometime that's not true do to annual pass holders?

We have a 4 day park hopper and can go between the 27th and 31st. I think we're doing the magic morning on the 29th which is a Tuesday. Other than that, are certain days better than others? I've had a look at the crowd calendar and it looks like it's one of the least busy time periods to go so I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way.

You should be fine on all those days, that really is the dead season. With four days you should easily be able to do everything you want, several times over, in both parks. We are locals with APs and that time of year we take days off work to go to the park more times due to the lack of crowds.

I am going all 5 days. I picked these exact days as they should be the slowest of the season :)

I actually think the Sunday will the be the busiest as it has the longest hours. I think the weekdays will be slower in the morning and pick up throughout the day (with the AP holders coming in throughout the day) we plan on getting our rides done earlier and doing the non-ride stuff later. I will be doing the max pass just to help make our trip that much smoother. I am looking forward to it being relaxed.

I am going all 5 days. I picked these exact days as they should be the slowest of the season :)

I actually think the Sunday will the be the busiest as it has the longest hours. I think the weekdays will be slower in the morning and pick up throughout the day (with the AP holders coming in throughout the day) we plan on getting our rides done earlier and doing the non-ride stuff later. I will be doing the max pass just to help make our trip that much smoother. I am looking forward to it being relaxed.

Not at first. Sunday, even during the busier times, can be pretty dead the first few hours. People do not get up, especially APs except for a handful. Hit at rope drop, and you’ll be less than 10 minutes on most rides for at least the first hour if not two. We love Sundays at Disneyland.

We are going those same days! We will be in the park the 28th-2nd and we picked them due to (fingers crossed) it being less crowded. I hope you have a magical time :)

Thanks for your replies. So it sounds like we picked a good time to go then.
Now we just have to hope it doesn't pour with rain

I would choose Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Mondays are my least favorite day to go and Wednesday’s are my favorite! Sunday will let you see fireworks and other nighttime entertainment that only shows on the weekend.

If evening entertainment is a big draw for you be sure to put that Sunday in! Also, don't worry too much about the rain. It rained for a full day and a half last time we were there, and we still had a great time. We were a bit unprepared for rain - so this time we'll have rain jackets, 2 sets of shoes, and warmer sweaters/jumpers. The rain really thinned out the crowds, felt a bit like we had the parks to ourselves :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter