Which days during the week for parks?

Haley R

DIS Veteran
So originally I had read Tuesday-Friday is the best but today while I was reading Tom bricker’s blog he said Friday is the busiest weekday. We will be there June 9-15 and have Monday-Friday open. Should we just do all 5 days at the parks? We planned to have Monday as a rest day/ikspiari before going to the parks.

Would an extra day ticket cost more? I think multi-day tickets only go up to 4 days. Or you can do Monday - Thursday at the parks and Friday as rest day.

Would an extra day ticket cost more? I think multi-day tickets only go up to 4 days. Or you can do Monday - Thursday at the parks and Friday as rest day.
Oh I didn’t realize they only go up to 4 days. I think we would be okay paying the extra for another day but I’m wondering if we really need 5 days or if we should use that rest day. The main thing I’m trying to figure out is which is busier:Monday or Friday?

Under normal circumstances, Monday is the safer option crowd wise because Friday can sometimes be the busiest day of the entire week. However, the Tanabata event starts on the 6th so it's possible that there will be spillover crowds for that Monday making Friday the less busy option. Thankfully, Tanabata day does not attract crowds as intense as other events.

If you're the type of person to go rope drop to past stated closing, 4 days of TDR is already extremely tiring, especially if you don't have Happy 15. That said, there's also the option of going Monday and then deciding later on your trip if you need the 5th day. You can then decide if you want a full day Friday or if you want to buy an after 6 passport to just see the night shows and ride a few of the less popular attractions with no wait.

Under normal circumstances, Monday is the safer option crowd wise because Friday can sometimes be the busiest day of the entire week. However, the Tanabata event starts on the 6th so it's possible that there will be spillover crowds for that Monday making Friday the less busy option. Thankfully, Tanabata day does not attract crowds as intense as other events.

If you're the type of person to go rope drop to past stated closing, 4 days of TDR is already extremely tiring, especially if you don't have Happy 15. That said, there's also the option of going Monday and then deciding later on your trip if you need the 5th day. You can then decide if you want a full day Friday or if you want to buy an after 6 passport to just see the night shows and ride a few of the less popular attractions with no wait.
Those are all really good points. Thank you! I’ll have to talk to Dh and see what he thinks but I’m 99% sure he’ll tell me to pick lol. I’m tempted to just keep it how it is so we have a day in between traveling from Kyoto and going to tdr. That way we don’t have to wake up early the next morning and go to the parks right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter