Which day should I go?

abcboys

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know these questions probably get annoying to regulars but help me decide. Going for 3 days between June 2 and June 6 for our very first trip. I had already planned and bought tickets before opening days were announced so I know I need to have a plan in place. Do not have Galaxy Edge reservations so won't be visiting that area of the park. I know pretty much we are going our first and last days Sun. June 2 and Thur. June 6. Would our 2nd day be better to go on Mon. June 3 and avoid June 4 and 5 which are Grad nights? I also keep hearing about how mondays are crazy so I originally thought I would avoid monday but is any of this going to make a difference? lol

I also am making reservations with Ananheim tour company so I do need to decide my days ahead of time.

Avoid Mondays or Grad nights? We do have park hoppers.

FWIW, Mondays at the park tend to be slammed/horrible. I’d avoid Mondays at nearly all costs.

Based on my experience visiting on Mondays, I'm also inclined to say you should probably avoid Monday. However, some people reported that a couple Mondays a few weeks ago weren't too bad, so you never know. Honestly, with SW:GE opening and the start of summer vacationing, it probably won't make much of a difference. Regardless, try to be in the park before rope drop if you're looking to avoid crowds on any day.

Your 3rd day should be on Tuesday 6/4 so you can take advantage of Magic Morning and get into Disneyland at 7:00 am. We've been to DL a few times during Grad Nights and the grads don't often show up until the afternoon.

Just me, but I would go on Tue, Wed, and Thur, keep away from the weekend and Mondays.

I had thought about this scenario also but we are doing 1 tour day and 1 "rest" beach day and it didn't make sense to have a rest day so early in the trip. Otherwise, yes I think that scenario would have worked the best. I'm sure sun. June 2 will be nuts.

I had thought about this scenario also but we are doing 1 tour day and 1 "rest" beach day and it didn't make sense to have a rest day so early in the trip. Otherwise, yes I think that scenario would have worked the best. I'm sure sun. June 2 will be nuts.

That is a good point. I think the idea of a "rest" beach day is a great idea. I will say I have had some great weekend trips lately, so you can still have a great time with the crowds. Sounds like you have a very fun trip coming up!

Your 3rd day should be on Tuesday 6/4 so you can take advantage of Magic Morning and get into Disneyland at 7:00 am. We've been to DL a few times during Grad Nights and the grads don't often show up until the afternoon.
I agree with this, make it the Tuesday so you can use your 1 Magic Morning that comes with your 3 day ticket, available at DL on Tue/Thu/Sat.

A couple Monday’s ago I didn’t notice it being super crazy when we were there. And when we went a couple years ago, the 2 days of our trip that were grad nights were the least crowded. But because others are saying Monday’s have been busier recently, I’d say go on a grad night. Maybe Tuesday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter