Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Friday, 11/9

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sunday, 11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shellee999

Mouseketeer
I have to choose between 3 not-so-desirable days to go to Epcot during my next trip because I want to go while Food and Wine is still on. I can go Thursday, 11/8, but it's an AM EMH day. My other 2 options are Friday 11/9 and Sunday, 11/11, which I know will get more crowded because it's the weekend and locals come. Which would you choose? Thanks!

If you go early then a weekend can be ok. If you are planning on a weekend evening, don't. Beyond mobbed and the crowds tend to become.....boisterous lists say

Boisterous lol...so I've heard! We are planning on being there all day, minus the break. This will be our only Epcot day. I don't see me getting my kids up and out early enough for EMH on Thursday, but I guess that still may be the day to go with. I was originally leaning towards Friday.

A good rule of thumb for festivals at Epcot... Avoid going on the weekend, especially if it is F&W.

I voted for Thursday. I'm focusing purely on F&W though, not because its EMH. We plan on being at the entrance to World Showcase right at 11:00 am and completing the first loop by 1:00. You'll start running into longer lines after that but still do-able. However, on weekends its very busy all day.

Agree with the rest: the festivals are very crowded on weekends with lots of "drink around the worlders", especially locals. If you have to go on a weekend, Sunday is probably better than Friday or Saturday.

Thank you all! I guess I was delusional thinking Friday wasn't really the weekend and wouldn't be bad like Saturday and Sunday.

I have to choose between 3 not-so-desirable days to go to Epcot during my next trip because I want to go while Food and Wine is still on. I can go Thursday, 11/8, but it's an AM EMH day. My other 2 options are Friday 11/9 and Sunday, 11/11, which I know will get more crowded because it's the weekend and locals come. Which would you choose? Thanks!

Sorry for being off topic but how do you know 11/8 will be AM EMH? I know the Disney site only shows 180 days or so out. I'm trying to do some planning around my November trip as well but I was going to wait to see EMH first. Is there a website that accurately predicts EMH past 6 months?

To answer your question, I'd personally try to go on a weekday even if it's with EMH. Food and Wine weekends are crazzzzy when you're trying to get around with kids. We're probably going to Epcot on the weekend this year but only because it's a 2 adult trip but I'd always try to avoid weekends when I'm planning for the whole family.

Any suggestions for F&W must-haves - which booths or special options to not miss (based on past years)? Its our first time at F&W and want to make sure to do it right.

Any suggestions for F&W must-haves - which booths or special options to not miss (based on past years)? Its our first time at F&W and want to make sure to do it right.

My best tip to a F&W newbie is this—before you order, take a good look at the food people are holding as they walk out of the exit lines.

This way, you can see upfront what the portion sizes are like and how fresh the food looks. There is inconsistency between serving sizes, and some items (or some items on certain days) may be more or less depending on who’s working and what their supplies are on the day you’re there.

Regardless of EMH, I would avoid weekends, including Friday during F&W.

Our favorite dishes last year were the beet salad from the Florida kiosk, and the beef dish from the Africa kiosk.

Sorry for being off topic but how do you know 11/8 will be AM EMH? I know the Disney site only shows 180 days or so out. I'm trying to do some planning around my November trip as well but I was going to wait to see EMH first. Is there a website that accurately predicts EMH past 6 months?

Kenny the Pirate and Touring Plans both predict there will be AM EMH

First time going to F+W; do I buy a special "pass"? I have tickets to Epcot for 2 days (park hoppers). I have seen pictures of people with booklets that look like passports? Any tips appreciated.

First time going to F+W; do I buy a special "pass"? I have tickets to Epcot for 2 days (park hoppers). I have seen pictures of people with booklets that look like passports? Any tips appreciated.
Food and wine, for the most part, is a bunch of extra kiosks along the world showcase serving small portions of food. Doesn’t cost anything beyond park ticket and how much you want to spend on said small portions

It’s optional, but you can pay extra if there are certain expos or events or classes, but those are usually set aside from the main hubbub of the “festival”

I’m going 11/9 but only from 11-2. Then I’m going straight to DHS. I would do 11/8 if i were you and avoid the weekend. I hear nothing good about the weekends. We are also doing 11/7 all day and 11/4 half day but only future world.

I honestly don’t think AM EMH would have much impact on people going for the F&W.

AM EMH at Epcot is all about getting on rides like Soarin, Test Track and Frozen Ever After. The Festival doesn’t even start till 11:00.

The locals going for F&W on the weekend will be a far bigger crowd IMO than ride hounds trying to fit in the headliners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter