Which closed Disney attraction would you like to come back?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
I've got 3 and they are all at EPCOT.

#1) Change Journey Into Imagination back to its original. Was my favorite ride of all time.

#2) The World of Motion. I actually preferred World of Motion to Test Track.

#3) Horizon's (It was where Mission to Mars was located) Very cool.

I can't remember the name of it, maybe Horizons although my son insists it was the previous version of SSE but the one where the cop hides behind the big billboard on his motorcyle and the cave man is blowing on his feet.

Also the previous version of Imagination as well.

The previous version of the Land when there were actual CM's on the boat and it had a song. I think now you live with the land and back then you listened to it (could be vice versa).

The original Backlot tour ride that used to be at MGM when they took you to the street where Golden Girls was filmed.

The streets of America at HS

Will miss the GMR when it closes, we rode it the last time last week.

Captain EO
The Living Seas
Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks
Old interactive Innoventions
Imageworks
Old Figment with Dreamfinder
Wow that was all just Epcot lol.

Sounds Dangerous
Backlot Tour with the houses and live CM narrating.

Snow White's Scary Adventures
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
Cardboard cutouts at Town Square Theater
Old TTA narration
Mickey's Starland Show.

MK: Snow White / Mr. Toad's Wild Ride / 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
EP: Horizons (I want to vote for that more than once!) / Journey into Imagination (original version) / SE (original--but at least bring back the chariot!) / Food Rocks (always got a kick out of that) / and this isn't a ride, but I miss Miyuki very very much--I always made sure to watch her at least once a trip, and she was always amazing
DHS: Osbourne Lights!!!

I can't remember the name of it, maybe Horizons although my son insists it was the previous version of SSE but the one where the cop hides behind the big billboard on his motorcyle and the cave man is blowing on his feet.

It was World of Motion, which is now Test Track. :)

If You Had Wings (Eastern Airlines ride at MK)
Horizons
World of Motion

This was If You Had Wings (we went 3 times when I was a child in the early 80's, thus my nostalgia for the above rides):

iyhwglobe.jpg

bzhv8eF.jpg

World of Motion
Timekeeper
Skyway
Jammin' Jungle Parade
Soon add Ellen's Energy Adventure

Magic Kingdom: Alien Encounter, 20,000 Leagues, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad, Skyway
Epcot: Horizons, Original Journey into Imagination, Maelstrom, Original Living Seas, Original Universe of Energy
DHS/MGM: Great Movie Ride, Original Star Tours, Backlot Tour, Streets of America, Osbourne Lights

I promise you, If I ran the parks I'd bring all those back almost as if they never left under a "make the parks great again" promotion. Epcot and DHS/MGM would go back to their original themes and intentions.

Definitely the Skyway and the original Akershus with its great authentic food and NO PRINCESSES!

the original Akershus with its great authentic food and NO PRINCESSES!

Do you remember the CMs telling you that you needed to eat 7 plates to be a Viking? Our server always did. I haven't been there since they changed it to Princesses.

Do you remember the CMs telling you that you needed to eat 7 plates to be a Viking? Our server always did. I haven't been there since they changed it to Princesses.

No, I don't remember that but we did eat there at least 3 times before and 1 time after it went PRINCESS style.

The Monsanto exhibit, "America the Beautiful." It was a Circlevision movie like the one in China that started in NYC and ended at the Golden Gate Bridge.

It went from sea to shining sea. :)

Maelstrom too.

1. The Great Movie Ride (was my all-time favorite ride at DHS) and the Osborne Lights
2. If You Had Wings
3. All the original Epcot rides, especially Horizons and the original Universe of Energy with the pre-show projected onto rotating blocks
4. And one that used to be in California: Adventure through Inner Space

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter