Which character dining for us?

brookew

Earning My Ears
We are going with 5 kids ages 1-9. Many have never been to Disney. We are thinking of doing Chef Mickey, Hollywood and Vine and Ohana. We didn't want to do TOO many b/c our 1 and 3 year old won't do well in long sit down dinners.
Do you have any recommendations over what I picked?
Also- we are staying at SOG and haven't bought park tickets yet. I wanted to wait and see which day MK and HV was having extra magic hours. Then get tickets for that day. Then make ressies....but that all happens on the same day. What if they book up?
Am I thinking correctly?

Ppo at garden grill. I like that the restaurant spins, so it is always interesting. Love the breakfast offerings. Really love that it is brought to me. And I’ve had the best character interactions here. Best ever!

We woudl not book both H&V and Chef Mickey unless you are taking the family to breakfast. The characters are for the yiounger ones at that meal, and dinner is Minnie's Seasonal Dine.

For a first timer's trip I wold book Chef Mickey as an arrival night dinner if possible. It is a great way to kick off a Disney trip, and be sure to add a spin on the monorail.

I would mix up the characters. I agree with Pumba. Garden grill is so much fun! You get Chip and Dale. We like a PPO breakfast, but every meal there is fin, and the food is brought to you as an AYCTE family style meal.
This restaurant is one of the most relaxed character interactions I have ever experienced It is one of the best as well.

'Ohana is a favorite breakfast as well, featuring Lilo and Stitch. Again, it is not buffet, but AYCTE family style. Fun!

I would also consider Storybook DIning at Artist Point. This one is nice too, featuring Snow, Grumpy and Dopey, with a M&G with the EVil Queen. Fabulous character interaction, and a TS meal.

One more of my family favorites as 190 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. This breakfast is buffet, is very good and features Alice, The Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger. I cannot remember if Mary still greets you at the entrance.

If you want a character meal in the MK, Crystal palace is fun. Pooh and friends are there. Of all I mentioned, this one woudl be on my list only if I wanted a character meal for a break in the park. It is a bit hectic for me, but I cannot even say why.

If you want to see the inside of Beast's Castle, book breakfast or lunch there. It is a CS meal, and you can order as much or as little as you want. The Castle is pretty darn sweet!

Hmmmm. Now I’m stumped. We were doing H and vine to get into park early at Bfast. Maybe it isn’t worth it.

We were doing chef mickeys the night we get there. What is seasonal dine?
I didn’t realize garden grill had Mickey. So the restaurant spins? That might be more fun?

I also heard beaches and cream was good.

Ohana was my favorite dinner the last time we went. I’ve heard it isn’t as good. Have you been lately.

Does the beast make appearances at his castle?

Hmmmm. Now I’m stumped. We were doing H and vine to get into park early at Bfast. Maybe it isn’t worth it.

We were doing chef mickeys the night we get there. What is seasonal dine?
I didn’t realize garden grill had Mickey. So the restaurant spins? That might be more fun?

I also heard beaches and cream was good.

Ohana was my favorite dinner the last time we went. I’ve heard it isn’t as good. Have you been lately.

Does the beast make appearances at his castle?

H&V PPO breakfast is a good way to get into the park early. It has been years since I had a little one, so I cannot remember the "Playhouse" Disney characters, but they are some of the featured characters from the morning Disney shows.

Minnie's Seasonal dine is fun, but I would not choose it over CM arrival dinner. That one is our favorite to kick off a Disney trip. We like the food, but a lot of people do not. It is typical buffet, but in an iconic WDW setting.

'Ohana has slipped in my opinion, and our last visit a few years ago was a disaster. I have booked it for our upcoming December trip, to see if we have a good experience this time. It is hot or miss I think, so if you had a good meal last time, keep it.

I have always thought B&C was overhyped. It is okay, but I would not go out of my way to eat there with so many other restaurants to choose from. People love it though, so don't go by me. It reminds me of our local Friendly's restaurant. On the Boardwalk we like Tratorria al Forno. It is a reasonably priced meal, the food is good, and the service has always been excellent. After dinner you can stroll the Boardwalk and enjoy the evening entertainment.

The Beast has a M&G for dinner. I think it is a pricy meal, and it woudlnto be my first choice of TS meals unless you have someone who really wants to meet him. I would try to book a PPO breakfast there, and with a few that age, head right to Peter Pan right after breakfast. That standby queue is the best in the MK in my opinion, and the youngsters will love the trip through the Darling house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!